Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Fire Mouth Cichlid and Convict Cichlid
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
poidogimports
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.04(Tue)23:08    Post subject: Fire Mouth Cichlid and Convict Cichlid Reply with quote

My Firemouth Cichlid and my female Convict had frys together! Has anyone experienced this? didn't know it was possible-certainly not common.
Topper
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.01.05(Wed)10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Definitely possible and has been done for years. Please don't sell the fry or give them away. There are already too many cross-breeds/mutts out there and if enough people introduced the fry back into the market the results could eventually be devastating.
poidogimports
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.05(Wed)11:26    Post subject: Firemouth and Convict Babies Reply with quote

Yeh, but mutts make some of the best dogs! I get what your saying,guess they'll be food for another down the chain. The odd thing is they were eating away at the mother's dorsal fin...down to the bones. She hides away now-but she's not looking so good. Crying or Very sad
Topper
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.01.05(Wed)12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeh, but mutts make some of the best dogs!

A truer word was never spoken! I do have an affinity for many pure breeds but when it comes to intelligence and devotion, IME you just can't beat a mutt.

The dorsal issue is not normal for either species. If you have a quarantine tank I would suggest moving the convict and starting meds (antibacterial/antifungal) in small doses with frequent water changes.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: