Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Old mystery snail
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Dyalla
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.12.31(Fri)18:25    Post subject: Old mystery snail Reply with quote

OK so I bought a new mystery snail and put it in the 2.5 gallon tank that I already had a mystery snail in. Well last night I found my old mystery snail on the floor. I thought it was strange but I picked him up and put him back in the tank. But when I woke up this morning he was on the ground outside tha tank again I don't no why he would be starting to do this as he has never done it before. I put a lid on the tank this time so he can't do it again but can someone please tell me why this behavior has started now??? I don't want to stand on him or let him die somewhere because he is out of the water! And can anyone tell me how long he can survive out of water??
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.01.02(Sun)21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the water quality in the tank? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?

He should be OK for a day or so out of water at least. Never really tested much longer than that myself. They tend to just shut themselves into the shell if dry and can last quite a while.
Dyalla
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.26(Wed)21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check the pH level on a regular baisis it at 7.0 I also have a nuturaliser block in there for if it changes at all... since I have put the lid on he can't get out, and they both seem to be getting along OK. hopefully all willl stay that way from now on thank you for your time Very Happy
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: