Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What are these plants please?
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
edwarlock
Members

PostPosted: 2010.12.27(Mon)16:18    Post subject: What are these plants please? Reply with quote

The red one...is it a nesaea?

is this rotala rotundifolia?

Thanks! Smile
susankatomerit
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.12.27(Mon)18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one in front looks like sprite, also java fern, if it is it shouldn't be planted but tied to wood or rock or something. Some type of milifoil looks like in the background. The red one not sure of.
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.12.27(Mon)19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

First could be a Nesaea sp, but reminds me more of Alternanthera reineckii 'roseafolia'. Not 100% sure on this.

I'm not sure what you mean in the second picture; agree with susan that the front is Hygrophila difformis & Microsorum pteroptus. The back looks more like Limnophila sessiliflora to me rather than a Myriophyllum sp; theres a little bit of what looks like Vallisneria nana to the side too. The one in the middle looks like Ludwigia arcuata.
edwarlock
Members

PostPosted: 2010.12.27(Mon)22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

unissuh wrote:
First could be a Nesaea sp, but reminds me more of Alternanthera reineckii 'roseafolia'. Not 100% sure on this.

I'm not sure what you mean in the second picture; agree with susan that the front is Hygrophila difformis & Microsorum pteroptus. The back looks more like Limnophila sessiliflora to me rather than a Myriophyllum sp; theres a little bit of what looks like Vallisneria nana to the side too. The one in the middle looks like Ludwigia arcuata.

Yeah I should have pointed it out with an arrow,.

The one in the back it is limnophila sessiliflora, and the other ones are yup, Microsorum pteropus and Hygrophila difformis, and Vallisneria Cool

but the one that has me intrigued is the red one.

I bought it because I wanted something to set off this asian tank.

Now I don't know what plant it is. Hasn't grown much, it sent off a buch of roots though.

The other one if it is a Rotala rotundifolia...well, I expected it to grow faster and be less demanding...
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.12.27(Mon)23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing you mean the needle-leafed plant in the middle of the second - it's definitely not Rotala rotundifolia whatever it is. Best guess for that one is Ludwigia arcuata, have a look to see if pictures of this plant match.

Will need more pictures of the red plant to have a better guess.
edwarlock
Members

PostPosted: 2010.12.28(Tue)3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

unissuh wrote:
I'm guessing you mean the needle-leafed plant in the middle of the second - it's definitely not Rotala rotundifolia whatever it is. Best guess for that one is Ludwigia arcuata, have a look to see if pictures of this plant match.

Will need more pictures of the red plant to have a better guess.

Yeah, the needle leafed plant...

It was sold to me as Rotala rotundifolia, and me, never seen one before, but definitely wanting one as this tank was initially a south east asia biotope aquarium bought it inmediatly.

This plant has gotten bushy, but doesn
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: