Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
55 Gallon Journal Amazon
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
matty26
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.12.21(Tue)16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleJr wrote:
I do not use HOB's but I had heard in other places that the penguin 350 tend to do this. There is a mod out there somewhere on how to quieten (sp) it.

I don't understand your last sentence? Like a modification you can do or something you can buy?
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.21(Tue)16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct it is a modifaction that can be done, I can't tell where I had seen it but it is out there in a forum.

What exactly is it doing? Rummbling sound..what.

if you go to google and type in marineland penguin 350 noisy you might hit on what you're looking for.
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.21(Tue)16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

because I like to help...

Something I found for you

"Email Marineland and they will send you a replacement impeller and impeller housing. However, the replacement parts didn't fix the noise problem on mine. I found another person who had the same problem and he fixed it by sanding down the magnet on the impeller. I tried sanding mine down and eventually was able to get the noise to stop. I sanded it just by wrapping a piece of sandpaper around the magnet and then turning it. "
matty26
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.12.22(Wed)15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some updates. When I got to my dad's today I discovered an emperor 400 on the back and the penguin 350 in the garbage. I assume it will be a christmas present but I don't know. Also, the plants came in today. Is it OK to put them in the tank without any livestock yet? For now they are in my dad's tank but I put some moss in mine, knowing it will be alright.
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.23(Thu)12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty26 wrote:
Is it OK to put them in the tank without any livestock yet? For now they are in my dad's tank but I put some moss in mine, knowing it will be alright.

Sure it is...just make sure you have fitration and heater. You will find it a lot easier since there isnt any livestock to uproot your plants.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: