Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
64 litre set up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.10(Fri)10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a good looking tank!

Any plans for a background?
Shields
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.12.10(Fri)11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikelodeon79 wrote:
Very nice tank. Harlequins are my favorite fish to put in with corydoras. They tend to stick to their own levels and generally mind their own business, even at feeding time. Smile

Thanks Very Happy Yeah thats pretty much the reason I went for Rasboras,although there is one rogue fish who sniffs about and gets a bit brave now and again,and Rales,I did have a background,Id got a section bin liner and fixed it to the back of the tank with washing up liquid and water and messed about with it using a credit card to get a kind of granite effect,not too sure why I got rid,I think it made the tank look a bit small?anyway,heres a pic of how it looked(the layout is slightly different),any opinions welcome Smile

Shields
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.05(Sat)15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update,I've added duckweed and some pebbles,all fish and plants are doing well.I was having a small problem with annoying diatoms but since adding the duckweed that has all but disappeared.

Topper
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.05(Sat)16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking tank.
coryfan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.05(Sat)17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rock additions.
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.05(Sat)19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good effort for an "all-in-one" tank...one of the better ones that I have seen.

Floating plants work very well at shading out a little of the light and absorbing the extra nutrients, you did exactly what I would have suggested to do myself. Very Happy Can't understand why some people fear duckweed!
Shields
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.08(Tue)10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Very Happy Yeah a lot of people seem to moan about how quick it reproduces but keeping it in check is as easy as scooping a net-full out every couple of weeks,the benefits definitely outweigh the minor inconvenience.And it looks good too!
Shields
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.11(Fri)17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory eggs!

Came home from work a few days ago to find two eggs on the glass,its the first time theyve spawned since theyve been in there that I know of(they've been in there three months),and I'm assuming the rest were eaten before I got to them Sad anyways I've left them there and theyve been doing fine,I've looked up close and theres movement inside the eggs.I'm going to leave them to their own devices and see how they get on,mainly as I have no facilities to raise the fry independently! still,exciting news all the same and proof I must be doing something right! and after a bit of reading up on Cory spawning behaviour its evident they hey have been 'up to it' for quite a bit! Smile

sorry for the poor pic quality,I used my point and shoot as it was closest to hand.
silent_rock_faery
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.06.10(Fri)6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it going now?
Shields
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.06.18(Sat)10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good thanks! I've lost a couple of Rasbora to suspected overfeeding (not me!) but other than that its coming on well,the plants have been slowly filling out and I've changed the layout slightly/added some more pebbles.
The Corys are doing brilliantly in there and spawning pretty much every week,but as I'm just leaving the eggs in there they are gettting eaten!
Ill take a few pics later and upload Smile
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: