Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Looking to Africanize
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.01.03(Mon)20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikelodeon79 wrote:
I would recommend a colony of Pseudotropheus saulosi. The females are bright yellow, and the males are blue with black barring. They are a great choice for smaller tanks because they stay relatively small, compared to some other mbuna species, and because you can have two different bright colors with a single species. If you click on the Mbuna Tank link in my signature, you can see pics of my Ps. saulosi.

Nik, I missed your reply before. I really like the looks of those! How many of them should I plan for?

zugzwang - lol. I've been thinking about getting a python siphon anyway, so when this gets converted over... I'll definitely be getting one. Wink Then I don't think I'll mind water changes at all! Laughing
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.01.04(Tue)16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aim for more females than males... at least 2-3 females per male. I've found that males can coexist relatively peacefully (by mbuna standards) in my tank (55g). My problem was that all my females turned out to be males in disguise so I finally ended up tearing down the tank and rehoming the fish with various friends into their mbuna tanks.

You could probably do something like 2m/6f. Having lots of females gives the males something to do other than square off against each other.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: