Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New community set up
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
siamesefighter10
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.11.15(Mon)12:52    Post subject: New community set up Reply with quote

I have set up a 4ft 216 litre/48 gal tank it as been running empty for few weeks and have recently added 5 pearl danios and 5 neon tetras. I have been looking on the net and in numerous books for weeks and am still in a muddle about what fish to add. Any suggestions what a mixture and dwell at the diff levels of the tank. Any suggestions welcome Smile
katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.11.15(Mon)13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for more neons, maybe a school of 15? your danios should be busy and zooming around mostly the top..

what kind of substrate do you have? an even grained sand or tiny pebble is great for corydoras, as long as the sand has no sharp edges.

You could look into the different L species of Pleco if you like - I added a thread to the bottom dwellers section of the forum called Pleco Thread - check ou tthe link in that thread, lots of ideas there.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.11.15(Mon)13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
How did you cycle the tank please?
What chemicals did you use?

Which area of Notts are you ins as the tap water varies greatly from town to town? (Use PM if you prefer)

What fish do you like the look of?
siamesefighter10
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.11.15(Mon)13:52    Post subject: reply katienaha Reply with quote

I used tapsafe when adding water and have done one water change. I also soaked sponges in a established tank water to encourage good bacteria and have been adding fish food to encourage nitrate-nitrite cycle. I have fine black substrate that as nutrients to encourage plant growth and lots of live plants, bogwood, aquarium log ornaments and rocks so plenty of places to swim and hide.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: