Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Just Hatched JD's
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
JD's Rule
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.10.13(Wed)9:47    Post subject: Just Hatched JD's Reply with quote

Woowee!!! Our 2 friends Anthony & BettyBoop just had their 4th batch of babies!. An hour ago they were still only eggs I suppose but now there must be nearly 200 little bitty fish swimming around keeping mom and dad busy keeping them close to home.As soon as we get the cable to hook up camera to PC we will post the video.Wish them luck they are new to this and since the Pleco is gone they will have a better chance of them growing up to freeswimmers and hopfully longer. Happy Fish-keeping ya'll> Laughing Oh they are Regular JD's but at times the female is nearly black and the male has a lot of blue on his sides but I think they are the regular JD's.Male is about 4.5ins. the female is about3- 3.5ins.
bigw
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.03.10(Thu)16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

when he or she turns black it means they are stressed out she is stressted out mostly she has a lot a fry to wacth over and the male changes blue when breeding
BigShrimp
Members

PostPosted: 2011.03.23(Wed)22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree BigW .

Mine both turned black with only the irredeciant scales shining brightly before spawning and while rearing fry .
Fricken awesome they were .
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: