Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My Reef
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.10.24(Sun)12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

rales12 wrote:
Mazil wrote:
You mean SHE Surprised

LaughingLaughing My bad!! SHE'S a cutie! Makes me want a reef, actually. Wink

Do it! I plan on making my 75g a reef, I already have 50 dollars (if I can keep it, I am in Ohio and it sure is burning a hole in my pocket) saved up which should cover salt or half a r/o system, Mazil, you should get on reefcentral, they have like 4,000 people on there constantly, its a really large forum with tons and tons of info. Lol, $50 and $1450 to go!
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.10.24(Sun)13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey caton and mazil. if you guys need starter zoas I can hook you up! juts shoot me a pm. caton. I wouldn't do R/o until your pretty far in. I didn't use r/o and my tank looks really good. I will be etting one soon because I'm looken for some cuttle fish egggs breeding seahorses and getting a do face puffer Cool Laughing Very Happy Shocked Surprised
Mazil
Members

PostPosted: 2010.10.24(Sun)13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your offer! But I don't think the zoas would make it all the way across the pacific? Furthermore, it's getting to be summer weather here, and I'm still saving for a chiller.

As for reef central, I think I might become lost in such a large community! However, I looked at all the reef keeping magazine TOTM's that were vaguely my sized tank (not very many I might add) and found them to be great inspirations. Also, I enjoyed reading the primer topics on some of the hard to keep species (regal angels, copperbands, moorish idols, others with similar mortality rates... not that I have or will have any of them). Maybe I will go sign up there, It could be handy if disaster strikes.
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.10.25(Mon)11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might need some in a few months Ak dylpickles. I am going to use R/O water very first thing though, I need it for my FW tanks because with a pH of 8.3 my softwater fish don't like it plus I don't think my SW would like it that much either because the salt will raise it some.
Members

PostPosted: 2010.10.30(Sat)21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got sand in there, so I thought I'd share it here.

Oh and this little one was floating out in the open for a change:

unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.10.30(Sat)21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the rescape, much better than the "wall of rock" that seems to have been so prevalent...

Do you have enough flow in there? I've got a few powerheads lying around I've been meaning to list for sale but haven't got around to doing yet - drop me a PM if you're interested in a couple for fairly cheap.

Feel like sharing any future plans for the tank? Razz Corals perhaps?
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.10.31(Sun)1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big is your school of chromis?

Tank is looking good.
Mazil
Members

PostPosted: 2010.10.31(Sun)8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

unissuh wrote:
I like the rescape, much better than the "wall of rock" that seems to have been so prevalent...

Do you have enough flow in there? I've got a few powerheads lying around I've been meaning to list for sale but haven't got around to doing yet - drop me a PM if you're interested in a couple for fairly cheap.

Feel like sharing any future plans for the tank? Razz Corals perhaps?

At the moment I'm quite happy with just the live rock. When I have some money for a chiller I'll look towards some nice soft corals and anything else that's easy.

SoS wrote:
How big is your school of chromis?

Tank is looking good.

Thanks Very Happy There's 5 chromis in there at the moment. I was a bit reluctant to get a school that big in a small tank like this but I'm glad I did! They never go and hide so its nice to have something to look at.
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.10.31(Sun)12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my SW tank that I am going to have a plan on having a shoal of chormis...are pink chormis the same or act the same? SW aquarium arent as hard as they look right? Its just that you have to have money from my perspective
Members

PostPosted: 2010.10.31(Sun)21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would say that money is the most important factor for even modest sized SW aquariums. But just as important, you also need in your mind a good understanding of what you need and how you want your setup to run.

In terms of running the tank.., Well depending on what kinds of coral you keep you really don't have to do much other than make water changes with salt water.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: