Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
If you're curious about why the site was down today...
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2010.10.07(Thu)12:34    Post subject: If you're curious about why the site was down today... Reply with quote

...here's the reply from the hosting service:
Quote:
Thank you for your patience and working with us to resolve the current technical issues. Recently, we experienced an outage with one of our network segments in the main AIT Data Center that adversely impacted an IBM disk array and dedicated servers connected to this segment. The problem was immediately escalated and IBM engineers were onsite with replacement hardware within several hours. Your services have been restored fully. You can now access your website, email and other applications. We have and will continue to work with IBM engineers around the clock to ensure we do not have any more interruption of services. We are still troubleshooting all areas of our infrastructure directly related to this outage. We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that our engineers and administrators will work 24 x 7 to ensure your hosting services are fully recovered and back online.

If you have further issues or questions, please reopen this trouble ticket and we will immediately address your specific requirements. We are absolutely committed to the complete restoration of your hosting services.

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.10.08(Fri)1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was wondering about that..it kept going down and then for like 5 minutes it would be up again and then back down for a long time.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.10.08(Fri)2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm continuing to have issues getting onto the site. This is the first time I was able to get on it all day. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.10.08(Fri)3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to ask about why it wasn't working! Thanks for posting that, Marcos. Smile

Nik -- I was only just able to get it to load, too. Been trying all morning. Finally got on about ten minutes ago.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: