Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Strange White Spots
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
gretchup
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.09.27(Mon)13:39    Post subject: Strange White Spots Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have recently noticed something strange with my two Black Moor Goldfish.
I noticed it on one a few days ago, a white spot on its tail fin. Not small and abundant like itch, singular and small-ish. I wasn't worried really, and just treated it with Stresscoat. It has been getting better, but now I notice a similar thing on the other fish. A bit larger, at the attachment point of it's tail fin to the body (but more on the tail), and there seems to be a white flap hanging from whatever it is. Like a scab that has been half-picked. Though, it doesn't look like a fungal infection. They are acting fine, eating, pooping, exploring, etc, and not rubbing up against anything as if to itch.
Anyway, since the Stresscoat was working for the first one, I am just continuing treatment. These guys have pulled through store-bought fin rot and overstocking, so I know that they can make it through anything. I am just wondering if anyone could possibly share similar experiences and/or identify what this may be? if they get worse, I will definitely add updates and exact water parameters. The tank was cycled correctly and last tests a few days ago were: nh 0ppm, no2 0 ppm, no3 5.0 ppm. 10% water changes are done every three days, so the parameters really shouldnt be much different.

Thanks all
coonery
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.11.25(Thu)23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by coonery on 2015.12.12(Sat)0:14; edited 1 time in total
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.11.26(Fri)0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohammad.j.ideis wrote:
well if its a white scab its probably fin rot
I all the skin is shedding like a snake which has happend 2 my black moor
u should check your waters chemestry

The water parameters were posted from just a couple days ago. Chances are, they're not much different now, if nothing has changed.

Doesn't sound like fin rot to me.

gretchup - sounds to me like you're doing everything right. Personally, I'd probably increase the water changes to 10% daily, but even what you're doing should be fine. Fresh water can only help!
No idea what it could be, though. :/
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: