Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New tank
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Melita
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.09.21(Tue)9:12    Post subject: New tank Reply with quote

Hi new here I have a 55 gal tank with two parrot fish two Congo tetra two blue Gourami .and three Black more tetra.
I bought these fish from a friend who moved and housed them in my 40 gal community tank until I could set up a 55 gal which I did now one of my red parrot is being a bully chasing the smaller one and digging up gravel is this normal ?
I would like to add two angle fish is this a good idea maybe a cat fish .
I did get a cat fish but he attacked one of the rainbow so now hes been moved to another tank seems he is a Sucking loach also he darted around so much he up set other fish . Any advice my tank !http://www.fishlore.com/fishpicture/images/overlay-round.gif
CREXK2
Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.18(Fri)20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt recommend angelfish as the parrots would probably nip at their fins and what kind of catfish are you considering?
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.19(Sat)2:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I can't get the picture to show up so could you put it on photobucket or similar please?

Blood parrots are a hybrid of some very bolshy cichlids and can be very aggressive and they do dig like their parent species.

If you have two males the smaller will be continually picked on. How big are they as these fish can reach 10".

Angels would not be a good idea.

Why don't you put all your black skirts together as a shoal and then you could have a bristnose pleco.
The Congos too should be in a group.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: