Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Seventy-Five Gallon Setup (Feb 2011)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
KhiaraFish
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.16(Wed)18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tank looks amazing! I think that you would probably like the kuhlis, I have a trio of the black kuhlis and they are my favorite fish in that tank. They are always visible, and very active. They are also super cute! Some people say that they are too weird looking, but once you get past that, they are an amazing fish.

My fish mugged me and stole my wallet!
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.16(Wed)19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were the ones I was kind of leaning towards, really. The yoyo's are super cute too, but I think I like the uniqueness of the longer kuhli. My husband thinks ropefish are super cool, and since I'm not going to be getting one of those anytime soon (see: ever), this is probably one of the next best choices! Smile
coolwater
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.03.09(Wed)11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only a great job of rehabilitation but an interesting account. The pictures are fine. Hopefully, you will keep writing!
silent_rock_faery
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.04.08(Fri)6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on the pregnancy! after you pass the first trimester you should get your energy back, if not, make your husband do all the hard labour. lol.

looking good!
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.04.14(Thu)12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

silent_rock_faery wrote:
congrats on the pregnancy! after you pass the first trimester you should get your energy back, if not, make your husband do all the hard labour. lol.

looking good!

Thanks!

Been absent for a while... Life gets so darn busy.

We lost the pregnancy, sadly, at the end of February. I was just getting back to feeling normal, and got pregnant again! So... starting the crappy first trimester all over again... Still exhausted! I'm trying to force myself to make time (read: energy) for my tanks, but I do admit they've taken a bit of a back burner. If everything this time goes right, I should be back to feeling normal around the end of May. Smile Everybody seems to be getting on just fine on absolute minimal maintenance... and I've got hornwort growing like crazy in the 75... its actually the tank I worry the least about. Smile

Not much else has changed in this tank, besides the hornwort taking over. The Jungle Vals I added in in the last update have taken off like crazy... I've got three new baby shoots coming up, and my bristlenose plecos seem to love resting on the leaves. I'm not sure I'm happy with the placement of the vals, but it works for now.

I finally got the courage to split the c. wendtii... the root system was so massive that I had to actually YANK on the plant to get it to come up! Laughing I felt several roots just snap right before it came up... Hehe. Oops. Oh well... The baby I split off of it seems to be doing well so far, but its only been about a week. I clipped the mama plant's roots way back so I could plant it again... it also seems to have recovered just fine. No melt or anything!

The Amazon swords are not doing so hot. I can't seem to get them to grow UP. They're both still tiny. One of them won't stay fully rooted... thinking about yanking it and putting it somewhere else. I've put in some osmocote ice cubes beneath them... hoping it starts to show soon.

I have a snail infestation. Ramshorns, I believe. They came in on the hornwort... I don't mind, because I've switched from wanting cories to wanting a loach of some kind, but now that I've switched, I can't find any loaches in town except clowns! Mad And khulis. But looking at those at the store yesterday... They look like they'd make a nice snack for the angelfish, so I opted out.

I did have one diamond tetra die kind of randomly. All seven were healthy as can be one day, the next day one seemed to be having problems swimming and was slightly bloated, and breathing fast. Before I could decide what to do with her, she died. And then I thought I lost my male b/n, because he was completely missing for a few days, but I finally found him snuggled under a filter, blending in. Dropped in a pellet, and he came right out. Guess he was just hiding!

Pictures:
I put some blue LED Christmas lights around the tank in the gap between the trim and the tank. I kind of like it... looks very pretty at night. Smile

One of the snails that have moved in. Ramshorn, yes?

The male bristlnose... he always poses so nicely. Smile I love that his bristles are getting so visible! The other is still looking like a girl.

The marbled angel. They're getting so big. Smile I still love this guy... he gets ridiculously excited at feeding time!

Plants; Mama c. wendtii, recovered just fine:

The split-off... I only managed to take two leaves, lol:

The only java fern that I own that seems to stay tied down... Growing finally. Smile

This is probably why the vals grow so nicely... Fish manure! Laughing

Full tank shot:

(Please ignore the disaster on top of the tank... I managed to clean off the top of my 46g by putting everything on top of the 75. Raww... I need some shelving! Laughing

I'm going to finish up the doors for the stand one of these days... I don't know why I keep putting it off. It'll be like an hour job to cut and fit the trim to the doors, and then just several days to get them stained and finished. Lazy, I suppose...
Hexum
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.05.17(Tue)8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've posted, so it's awesome to finally log back on and check some things out - glad I saw this thread. Really makes me want to start a new project. After my most recent move I got rid of my 55 gallon, and I miss it a lot. Now that we're resettled in Columbus we got a new 29 gallon and it's going very well, but your project makes me want to start a new one!

Awesome work!
silent_rock_faery
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.05.25(Wed)5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking great!!!

(sorry to hear about your loss. I'm studying midwifery so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.)
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Jump to: