Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Willie's Office (Desktop Tank)
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
UncleWillie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.08.23(Mon)10:01    Post subject: Willie's Office (Desktop Tank) Reply with quote

I set this tank up in May with a few clumps of java fern from one of my other tanks. I pulled some rocks and gravel/sand from the creek behind my house, and set this garage-sale tank up in my office.

Because I have had a ridiculously busy spring and summer filed season searching for Robust Redhorse Moxostoma robustum, I left the tank on a timer, and let it sit ALL summer long. I came to my office once every two weeks to top off the water level. It has had no livestock (other than all the nice little limpets, and occasional pond snail and cyclops)..

I recently discovered that my pair of flagfish spawned in their outdoor tub over the course of the summer, and now have about eight beautiful young-uns swimming around. I hope to move them into my office tank soon so that I can see some life now that I will spend more time in my office (about 3 days/week).
Darkblade48
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.08.23(Mon)11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! Is the entire floral selection comprised of Java Fern only?
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.08.23(Mon)11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like there is moss in the back right-hand corner. Superb tank Willie! Only thing I would have different is the substrate but even then it looks great!

-Caton
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.08.23(Mon)21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a nice layout! Have to agree with Caton though, a finer grain substrate would make it look stunning.

Its pleasant to have a tank to absent mindedly stare at while you work, don't know whether helps you get things done or not though. Very Happy
UncleWillie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.08.23(Mon)22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yall! I knew the moment I set it up, that my creek gravel was too light.. Being a penny-pincher, I just went down to the creek and scooped some up. I do have access to some better looking substrate that I'm using in my other tanks. But it will be a while before I can plan a time to take the tank apart in the office. Thanks for the comments. Smile

unnisuh, with no fish in there currently, I still get all my work completed. But once I add my juvenile flagfish - who knows! Shocked
coryfan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.09.01(Wed)13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice. Incredible how just some java fern can make a tank look so natural.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: