Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Bookshelf display tanks (1/4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
altondaley36
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.08.16(Mon)16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to one hot Tank. I think my next project will making one like this Smile Thanks for sharing .
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.08.16(Mon)23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

What make is that filter, I kinda like it.
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.08.17(Tue)1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an air plant on the wood that's sticking out of the tank? I think that would look neat!

Predominantly pygmy chain sword, mosses. that gets my vote but with a few stem plants in the (my) right corner, something that would fill the skittish fish needs. I think it wouldn't take too much away from the wood.
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.08.17(Tue)11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleJr wrote:
What make is that filter, I kinda like it.

It's an AquaClear 70 (running a AC30 impellor to reduce flow) made by Hagen.

Fern wrote:
How about an air plant on the wood that's sticking out of the tank? I think that would look neat!

That could look rather neat if I managed to make a clump of foliage on the top of the "tree"...might be worth looking into! Problem would be finding a plant that is compact enough and that can handle the cold and dry atmosphere here.

Fern wrote:
a few stem plants in the (my) right corner, something that would fill the skittish fish needs. I think it wouldn't take too much away from the wood.

Hmm, I did consider a tallish plant off to the right but it seems to spoil the balance somewhat on my mspaint doodles. I think I will probably have to place any tall plants around the wood like on my first plan.
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.08.17(Tue)22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then do them behind the wood.

A small air plant and/or Spanish moss would do well and you could spritz it 2x a week with water and it would be fine.
You could always pluck something off a local tree and tie it on like you would java fern.
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.08.21(Sat)21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update, no real progress on the tank itself yet - adjusted light pole to suit and finished putting together the shelf next to the "stand". Still some cleaning up and moving to do.

Have ordered some CaribSea Moonlight Sand and a Fluval internal U2 filter as I don't think the AC70 is going to like the sand very much.

Also picked up some plants through trades - got some narrow-leaf java fern and US Fissidens already and have some Amazon Frogbit coming in the mail.

Found some rocks to play with too - how does this look? Threw it together quite quick so needs some refining.

rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.08.22(Sun)3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like where you have the tank!! That is like, the perfect spot. Smile

I think I like the placement of the rocks -- are those going to be like somewhat buried in the sand, or on top of it... or...?
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.08.22(Sun)8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontop of the sand; I used to try and fix all the hardscape so it couldn't be moved but I think I've gotten over that little bit of OCD. Laughing

Trying for a semi-stepping stone effect up to a "mound" near the "tree". Don't think it looks quite right yet, needs more fiddling...if someone can see how moving them would help please do say so.
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.08.22(Sun)9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a thought but on the far right side move the bigger rock in teh front right back to where the 2 smaller rocks are. then put those 2 rocks vertical with the darker rock of the 2 in the back. sorry if that was confusing...
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.08.22(Sun)10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

unissuh wrote:
Ontop of the sand; I used to try and fix all the hardscape so it couldn't be moved but I think I've gotten over that little bit of OCD. Laughing

Laughing I imagine that makes things difficult if you decide later on that you want to adjust or move something. Though I should be more like you and set up the hardscape before adding water... I can only imagine how much frustration that saves.

unissuh wrote:
Trying for a semi-stepping stone effect up to a "mound" near the "tree". Don't think it looks quite right yet, needs more fiddling...if someone can see how moving them would help please do say so.

You could try going from the back right corner instead of the front corner... It could add just a little bit of interest in that back corner and leave the front corner of open sand. But I also like it just how it is.

I'm not very good at imagining how things are going to look once moved... I tend to have to actually arrange things around to see how it works out spacially and all.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to: