Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Where to find local tropical fish breeders?
 Forum Index > Ads and Links  Reply to topic   Post new topic
capromeryx
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.08.09(Mon)7:16    Post subject: Where to find local tropical fish breeders? Reply with quote

Hi; I have just started keeping tropical fish again after a several decades hiatus. My, how things have changed! I am very interested in obtaining and breeding some dwarf gouramis. However, after doing considerable research, it would appear that some large percentage of fish from the main supplier (Singapore) have a gourami retrovirus. Does anyone know of a fish breeder in the western US who is breeding virus-free fish? I am currently in Washington state. I have no interest in further spreading this disease and would like to get some healthy stock. Thanks much in advance.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.08.09(Mon)7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Try looking locally for an aquarists club but looking at your profile you need to adjust the fish you have and dwarf gouramis are not compatible with Bettas.
capromeryx
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.08.09(Mon)8:18    Post subject: local tropical fish breeders Reply with quote

Sorry; I should have said that I know that gouramis and bettas are not compatible. I am planning a new 36 gallon tank. Frank the Betta stays where he is. He tried to engage the Cory, who seemed bored and swam away. Frank is a favorite and I will keep him with other peaceful species. Actually, since posting, I think I may give up on the dwarf gouramis. Everyone seems to be having trouble with disease. What a shame. Maybe I will try NW Cichlids; specifically Rams. Thanks for the answer.
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.08.10(Tue)3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in washington also Smile

Here is a good Forum for Washington residents. Also look at GSAS (Greater Seattle Aquarium Society) as they have some good people and good fish.

Here is GSAS's website: http://www.gsas.org/
 Forum Index > Ads and Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: