Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My knee
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.21(Wed)5:49    Post subject: My knee Reply with quote

As some of you may have noticed, I am have not gotton on reccently. This is due to my knee needing surgery and my internet at my house is down. I had surgery monday night. I have what is called bucket handled meniscus on the lateral side (if that means anything to you), but basicly some soft tissue folded over in my leg and normally would fold back right away, but sunday afternoon I was knee-boarding and it folded but wouldn't fold back. My knee is in a brace and I am going to have to be non-weight bearing for 6 to 8 weeks and have crutches for around 12-14 weeks and have around 6 months to be mostly recovered. I regret to say this but I won't be on that often Wink but once I get internet back to my house which may be a while, trust me. I will be back on asking questions to my hearts delight.

The cripple,
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.21(Wed)6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care of yourself, Caton! Cool
ak dylpickles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.21(Wed)8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah don't hurt yourself to badly!
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.21(Wed)16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what happens when you knee-board
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.07.21(Wed)17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a perfect time to be stuck to the computer! Take care, get someone else to carry buckets of water for you. Cool
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.22(Thu)5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

unissuh wrote:
Sounds like a perfect time to be stuck to the computer! Take care, get someone else to carry buckets of water for you. Cool

But my internet at my house is down, so I have to go to the school where my father teaches summer-school. It is a lot of work just to get up to get a drink.

Quote:
thats what happens when you knee-board

I had been having problems for around 8 months before this happened, I wasn't able to knee-board normally because I couldn't rest my legs on my calf's, it wasn't the spectacular when it when out while I was knee-boarding, I just said cut it and they stopped and turned around. Luckily I was knee-boarding with the PA (physicians assistant) who's uncle is the man who did my surgery. Thanks for all your support!

Yours Truly,
"Kneemo"
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.23(Fri)3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll use Caton's post to steal some knee-thunder. I have also hurt my knee badly, but luckily didn't require surgery! (been there, done that with my feet).

I was mountain biking, went down a steep section of hill, in a sudden rainstorm, which made the hill really greasy. I went over my handlebars, got my leg caught in my frame, and had to hobble out of the trail for an hour in the pouring rain with the help of 2 friends.
I ended up partially tearing my ACL, over-stretched my LCL, and possibly tore my hamstring. I did that at the end of June and been on crutches ever since. I have a custom made brace coming next week that has hinges and other crazy stuff on it that takes over the function of my knee totally (so I can go back to work! yay!) but will take about 6 months to heal.

So don't let this trend spread to anyone else on the forum.. you kneed your knees. I have some pretty sweet pics of bruises. Ill try to find them and post them up.
ak dylpickles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.23(Fri)5:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yours Truly,
"Kneemo"

haha I like it
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: