Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
gardneri killifish how many per tank?
 Forum Index > Killifishes and Killi Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
ak dylpickles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.20(Tue)12:34    Post subject: gardneri killifish how many per tank? Reply with quote

well I have been waiting for these little guys for like 3 months because my lfs couldnt get them in. but today he got them in and he said hes going to give me all six of them they are all under 1.5 inches most at 1 inch. they are 2 young to tell gender. I was wondering if since they are still young they would be fine in a 10 gallon. I will be picking them up thursday so it would be nice for some quick answers thanks!
freshigal
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2010.07.29(Thu)10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

With killifish it's hard to tell. I had a pair that spawned and from that one male survived. Dad and son would compete aggressively for food, but would leave each other alone at other times in their 5 gallon hex. I think it helped that a piece of driftwood helped divide the territory in the tank a bit and there were plants. Dad lived about three years and the son is still going strong - alone in his domain.
 Forum Index > Killifishes and Killi Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: