Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!
ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Field trip in Hong Kong
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic

PostPosted: 2010.07.25(Sun)9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you guys liked the pictures. I'd certainly be tempted to start a biotope if I lived locally!

I didn't visit the Tung Hoi exporters, I didn't know you were allowed to visit that place? I don't tend to visit places with just livestock to be honest, can't bring anything back to Australia and they all start to look the same after a while to me.

I don't think any of the plants particularly said Staurogyne to me (I think those plants on the right were just smaller specimens of the larger cluster on the far left), but you could be right. To be honest I have no clue. Very Happy

I didn't see any WCMMs, no.

I am still trying to figure out what 3 of the 4 fish were that I noticed, fishbase doesn't list them. If anyone has a clue, please do say so - you can see a couple in the photos. The one unpictured was probably some type of Leptobotia, Parabotia or Botia sp - I think it's probably impossible to definitively figure out which one that was.

Of the 57 fish that fishbase lists in Hong Kong, I only found Rhinogobius duospilus from the fish that I saw (at least it looks like the right fish but I obviously didn't do ray counts etc and only have a fuzzy photo and memory to work from), the mouth looks pretty distinctive.

EDIT: Had a look through the freshwater listings for China and I think the one with the orange dorsal fin may have been Acheilognathus meridianus (images). About the right size too, 10 cm TL.
Fishing in the Rivers of Light

PostPosted: 2010.07.25(Sun)13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome pics
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: