Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Cory on Crack
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
CloudSculptor
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.07.13(Tue)8:53    Post subject: Cory on Crack Reply with quote

I know Cory are supposed to be "active during daylight hours", but these fish move faster and more erratic than even my danios. I've got a 29g with 6 cories, 6 zebra danios, and 2 otos and it looks like a relay race is going on in there every day. Even the otos are starting to join in, following the cories as they zip in every direction at lightning speed. Anyone else see this in their cories, or should I start drug testing my tap water?
Cinder
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.13(Tue)9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are you feeding them? LOL!

Interestingly, I added a bubble stone a few weeks ago to my tank and my Cories absolutely love it! They are more active now than I've seen in four years. They zip in and out of the bubbles and up and down the tank...
CloudSculptor
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.07.13(Tue)9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
So what are you feeding them? LOL!

Interestingly, I added a bubble stone a few weeks ago to my tank and my Cories absolutely love it! They are more active now than I've seen in four years. They zip in and out of the bubbles and up and down the tank...

Shrimp Pellets, they love it! My tank has a 55g external filter so there's a strong current, maybe that's getting them excited? I'd add a airstone, but I think the forest of rotala and wisteria is adding enough oxygen to the water.
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.14(Wed)2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

My newly acquired cories are in a 10g with a filter for a 30g. Strong current and they love it. They don't sound as active as yours but they are still very active. I feed them shrimp pellets the most.

29 G
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.14(Wed)9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your corys are happy and healthy! When corys don't act like a 5 year old kid that just ate a whole bag of candy that's when you need to worry. That's why I love corys is because they are so hyper and crazy!
Your ottos joining in is a good thing as well, that means they are fine with all of the excitement.
keithkyli
Members

PostPosted: 2010.07.14(Wed)13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never imagined Cory activity would be related to current. Now I finally find the reason why my Corys become sluggish and not so keen on moving around, as I have tied a plastic basket to disturb the current (for the sake of angelfish). The Corys are still healthy, but not as energetic as before.
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.15(Thu)4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them a little air stone in the corner turned down some so that they have just enough bubbles to play in without creating too much current for the angles, they will thank you!
ribbE
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.09.08(Wed)8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of cories are they?
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: