Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Anyone else having trouble selling their fish stuff?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
BarebackDreamer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.18(Fri)6:34    Post subject: Anyone else having trouble selling their fish stuff? Reply with quote

Since the end of April I've had a lot of my fish stuff up for sale, all make an offer and I'm open to trades for live/frozen food or heaters for a ten gallon and a twenty gallon or a copy of the book 1984. A ten gallon tank with lid/light, a twenty tall with light, lid, and stand, a 15-20ish gallon vintage tank with metal trim, air pumps, and assorted supplies. All used and in need of a little cleaning, but not bad. Since putting it all up, I've only had one person show any interest. They made an offer on some stuff and we set up a day and rough time for them to pick it up. No show, no response to further messages. Not even to say they were no longer interested. They've continued to be active on that forum since then.

Has anyone else been having trouble selling their stuff?
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.18(Fri)7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...Not really. I am selling fish 'n plants and I keep finding deal's where I could get rid of all the stuff I have, I just want to keep my stuff.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.18(Fri)9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Kinda... I put up an ad back when I was considering selling my Cherry Barbs and got one response from a guy who copied an email address wrong on a car ad...
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.19(Sat)0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sort of having an issue, trying to sell a 55g without a brace and a cracked 75g... They are fixable but I don't have the time and need the room, I have them as make offer.... I haven't even gotten any response.
But plants and live stock are selling fast! In the past month I have shipped off 4 decent sized boxes of plants and most of my fry are already spoken for!
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.22(Tue)0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had any success with "make an offer" type ads. I don't respond to them, either, as I usually have no idea what to offer.

I had an ad up on CL with a bunch of tanks listed, some with prices, and some with "make an offer." I had very little interest. Then, I put an ad up for a 55g (tank, top & lights) with a listed price of $75, and had so much interest that I decided to sell my 2nd 55g, as well.

My advice would be to put an ad up with a price listed that's a bit higher than what you'll take, and then there will be room to negotiate. If you put the price you want and then put that the price is firm, that tends to scare people off, as well. Be sure to include pictures... people tend to avoid ads without pictures because they don't want to waste their time on something that may or may not be in good shape.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
BarebackDreamer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.22(Tue)5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added prices. Hopefully it helps. I would've thought make an offer would be better.
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.22(Tue)5:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm just weird, LOL. Laughing I just can never figure out a good price and don't want to insult the person by lowballing them (I actually had a seller get SERIOUSLY angry at me for offering them $25 less then their asking price... when they'd put OBO behind their asking price). Sometimes I just look at what's for sale and think, "they probably want more than I'm willing to spend) so I move on... I'm lazy I guess!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.22(Tue)5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re-posted it with $50 obo..... think that's a decent price? They are both fixable I just don't have the time to mess with them....
BarebackDreamer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.23(Wed)7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have no idea what it's all worth. Laughing So my pricing on things is probably pretty random. 20 tall with stand, lid, and lights is $50, vintage 15ish gallon tank with metal trim is $25, big bag of plastic plants is $10, ten gallon tank is $5, lid is $5, five airpumps for $15, some assorted HOB filters $10 for all since a couple might be missing the spinny part, etc. Someone else has a 20 tall listed with a heater, UG filter, stand, lid, and light for $100.

I just want this stuff gone! Laughing I'm down to four tanks set up right now. The 20 tall, which just has water and snails because I've been too lazy to tear it down yet, the 5, same thing, the 10, same thing, and my 20 long with cories and one betta. Though I'm strongly considering buying a dwarf gourami for the ten gallon soon.
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.23(Wed)8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some HOB filters, I got a goldfish tank that has next to nothing as far as filtration (I am taking care of them for the summer, I did NOT want to take them in)
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: