Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
African Claw Frog and fish disease treatments
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
mongoose
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.06.16(Wed)5:31    Post subject: African Claw Frog and fish disease treatments Reply with quote

Hi. I need to treat my 80 gallon tank for a fungal outbreak. Does anyone know if medications to treat fish are safe for frogs. I have used API Fungus Cure powder and Pimafix on fungus before but am worried that it will be too potent for the frog. The frog does not appear to be affected by the fungus. White patches are only appearing on the silver dollars so far. But I need to treat soon so if anyone has some suggestions, please respond. Thanks.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.06.16(Wed)8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the frog out to treat the fish but are you sure it is fungus?
bacterial lesions can be fuzzy too.

Why are you getting this problem as recurring lesions usually means something is attacking the fish - the frog perhaps? -or the water quality is poor?
mongoose
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.06.16(Wed)11:54    Post subject: Claw Frog and fungus treatment Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I already tried taking the frog out. He was in a 20 gallon with six peppered cories. The tank was in perfect condition for a year. I got the frog about 2 months ago and the pet store owner told me to feed only frozen plankton. Bad advise! I believe the fungus came from the decomposing plankton. All of the cories got sick and their tank is being treated with fungus cure powder now. But the transfer water that went into the 80 gallon tank with the frog probably had fungus in it. Since the frog showed no symptoms I thought it would be safe.

How do I transfer the frog without transferring contaminated water...
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.06.16(Wed)19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

You put the frog in his own tank as they are not safe to keep with fish.

What are the water test readings?
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: