Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Regrooming My Java Ferns
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
elenazaaba
Members

PostPosted: 2010.06.02(Wed)14:11    Post subject: Regrooming My Java Ferns Reply with quote

I have recently removed my Java Ferns to get it groom. It seemed that there were too many daughter plants appeared on the leaves. So I decided to trim off some of the ferns and removed all of the daughter plants and replanted them on tiny pieces of driftwood.

I've had this plant for almost a year now, it has some kind of disease (or something), maybe it's not a disease, maybe it has been exposed to high nutrient water for quiet some time [my tank is overstocked, when I'm not at home (I live in Campus, the tank is in my parents') my mom would watch my tanks for me, feed the fish, replace dead fish etc, but she rarely change the water].

I've been told that, that red plant is not aquatic, anyway I'm not gonna throw it away just yet, I planted some baby java plants on the same driftwood where that red plant is.

Baby Java Ferns

The Baby Ferns before I removed them from the leaves

Actually I was suppose to wait till the daughter plants dropped off the leaves by itself, but seeing how ugly the daughter plants are turning my Java ferns into, I decided to remove them mechanically, prematurely lol. At least now I have nicer ferns and lots of baby ferns. If the baby ferns don't survive, well it's fine, at least I still got the big ferns yeah.
Matthew Hoffman
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.10.05(Tue)6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

The baby ferns will survive.
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.10.05(Tue)7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how it doesn't grow well if the tank is left alone, I would've thought it would grow better. Plants usually like high nutrients. Smile
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: