Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Jumpstarting Anubias
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
WylieFish
Members

PostPosted: 2010.10.03(Sun)3:34    Post subject: Jumpstarting Anubias Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to make submerged Anubias grow faster. I have done some research on this topic and have found that cutting back the damaged, deformed, or old leaves will make it grow quicker. Also, if you let it grow above the waterline for awhile, it supposedly takes off.
Just curious if anyone knows how to speed up the growth when Anubias is submerged rather than emersed.
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.10.05(Tue)7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about cutting off the old leaves, but upping light (and consequently CO2 and other nutrients) will make it grow faster. I don't think there are any particular tricks to it.

The only trick I know of with Anubias is to damage I.e. take a razor and cut 1/4 of the way through the rhizome, this tends to cause a new shoot to start from the damaged section. This eventually results in a bushier plant, not sure whether it causes it to grow faster though.
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.10.07(Thu)6:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. When I bought my BroadLeaf Anubias I did not have adaquate lighting, no C02 and did not fertilize.

Now that I have correct ALL three problems, it grew pretty fast. Also though no matter what anubias is classified as a slow grower.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: