Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Non-Fish-Keepers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.11(Fri)3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I am getting the fish today. I realized last night it wouldn't be good and she would just get more goldfish. I will show her the picture. I was going to set-up a rubber-maid tub but my parents say that you can't put fish in a big tank and then have them go to a small tank. I could not work at a fish store...I know that now.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.11(Fri)5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Sad

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Sad

Chubba bubba likes to go upside down...odd

New Members

PostPosted: 2010.06.15(Tue)6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty amazing backflip. Have you ever taught him to do that? btw, your fish are starting to become territorial because of the mask you have in there. LOL
ak dylpickles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.15(Tue)6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my local craigslist some one is selling a 2.5 gallon with what they say over 15 fish. this includes 6 gold fish 1 angelfish and some others that they don't know what they are! wow this is when you start to get mad!
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.15(Tue)8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbor has at least 7 or 8 comets and 5 or 6 fancies... also with plecos and gouramis and loaches and cories and platties and guppies... its a 29 gallon tank...
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.15(Tue)8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caton - how are the goldfish doing in their... tiny home? That upside down maneuver doesn't look so good. >_< Is that normal for goldfish?

ad dylpickles - Sad I can't find barely anything to do with fish at all on craigslist here, not even evidence of fish-havers. That is very sad, though.

59 - When I was a kid, we were that family. >_< We had pictus cats, goldfish, neon tetras (yes, together in the same tank) platies, swordtails, a silver tipped shark catfish (I think), and a pleco all in a twenty gallon. Goldfish obviously get too big, neons make nice snacks for pictus cats, and the shark catfish can grow to like two feet long. My mom always topped off the tank instead of doing water changes, and she changed out the filter cartridge once every two months or so. And when we fed them? It was a LARGE pinch of food... and some sinking pellets of some kind... twice a day. Incredibly... we had some fish live for a very long time. (Though by the time that shark catfish died, I can't even imagine how stunted he was. He'd been in that tank for at least two years.)
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.15(Tue)14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a tank clone and set-up my 30g... a little better.

Chuba bubba does that a lot.

I am considering getting a really big filter for the tank and giving it to the teacher at the end of the summer and tell her when the fish die- don't add anymore. When all of them have died off I can sell her my WCMM (see my marketing scheme? Laughing )
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.15(Tue)14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caton wrote:
I did a tank clone and set-up my 30g... a little better.

Are you giving her the tank? >_< Isn't it worse to move them back into a smaller home after they have a tiny chance to "stretch their fins"?

Quote:
I am considering getting a really big filter for the tank and giving it to the teacher at the end of the summer and tell her when the fish die- don't add anymore. When all of them have died off I can sell her my WCMM (see my marketing scheme? Laughing )

ha ha ha Laughing
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.15(Tue)14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am going to give her the tank, just ask for money for the filter.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.24(Thu)13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh -- check out suggestion #2 on this list. Too bad at the end, it doesn't say "Be aware that you are torturing the gold fish by doing this, and if any of your guests know anything about fish, they'll probably stop being your friend."

ETA - thankfully, most of the comments are very against it. XD
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to: