Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Least Favorite part of the hobby?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
ak dylpickles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.01(Tue)15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Caton I am a 12 year old trying to get jobs right now I am babysitting but really want to mow lawns. its really hard to get a job when u r this young
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.01(Tue)15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is! and for some reason in the south adults don't trust 15 year old boys with theyre kids... go figure! haha. I want to mow to!
ak dylpickles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.01(Tue)16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only reason I'm babysitting is because my parents no this couple with a 6 year old and my 16 year old sister baby sits her all the time and she is goen on vacation so I get to take over the job
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.01(Tue)18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man... I don't know how you guys do it, as teenagers. I'm glad I didn't take an interest in fish tanks until last year. I never would have had the time to do it before I became a stay at home mom (stupid work schedule), and before I dropped out of college, I wouldn't have had the money to afford it! Now... my husband pays for everything. Wink

My least favorite part? Water changes, (so... many... buckets...) and all the casualties I've caused with my newbie mistakes. Every fish that dies... I feel directly responsible and rather guilty.

Oh, I also don't like how I don't know very much about the hobby yet. I feel like every time I start to figure something out, I come across an entire other vast expanse of information that is just waiting to be funneled into my brain. Who knew it was sooo much more than a tank, some lights, some water and some fish?!
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.06.01(Tue)23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

monstrosity wrote:
not knowing what is causing problems in my tank

+1 to this! It is so frustrating trying to diagnose some problem, knowing that you will probably end up doing a complete tear down and rebuild anyway...

rales12 wrote:
I feel like every time I start to figure something out, I come across an entire other vast expanse of information that is just waiting to be funneled into my brain. Who knew it was sooo much more than a tank, some lights, some water and some fish?!

This one will probably always happen. Laughing The more you know about something, the more you realize you don't actually know. I started trying to understand the reactions that happen to organics within the substrate the other day, ugh.
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.01(Tue)23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

water changes and catching holding females without spooking them enough to make them spit their eggs!
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.02(Wed)1:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

unissuh wrote:
rales12 wrote:
I feel like every time I start to figure something out, I come across an entire other vast expanse of information that is just waiting to be funneled into my brain. Who knew it was sooo much more than a tank, some lights, some water and some fish?!

This one will probably always happen. Laughing The more you know about something, the more you realize you don't actually know. I started trying to understand the reactions that happen to organics within the substrate the other day, ugh.

LOL well, I guess its comforting to know that even you more experienced hobbyists don't know it all! Laughing
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.02(Wed)5:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak dylpickles wrote:
wow Caton I am a 12 year old trying to get jobs right now I am babysitting but really want to mow lawns. its really hard to get a job when u r this young

I do work for family members sometimes.

29 G
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.02(Wed)6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just go door-to-door asking for work, I made $45 on memorial day which is all I need to support the hobby.
Members

PostPosted: 2010.06.02(Wed)17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been spending money non stop ever since I bought a new tank. In fact I've been going to the aqua shops pretty much everyday. There's always something I feel like buying - more plants, more fish food, new types of fish food, a new tester set, new fish etc. I have made a promise to myself to stop buying fish. But allow myself to buy other stuff, I've got a tester set in my mind right now, I went to the aqua shop again today, it's getting embarassing because like I said to my friend yesterday "I go to the same shop everyday, I bet the guy working there are already tired of seeing my face" lol. I still want to buy that tester set, but it's kinda expensive. The test set cost more than my new aquarium + filter + light.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to: