Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Do you talk to your fish?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Naisi57
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.03.14(Sun)20:13    Post subject: Do you talk to your fish? Reply with quote

Just for fun, I wanted to know that I'm not totaly weird Shocked But do you guys talk to your fish? lol Say things like "Dinner time" while feeding...etc
Or even better, has anyone else caught you talking to your fish, say your girlfriend, wife, parent. And gave you a look like what the hell are you doing! Embarassed
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.15(Mon)1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have... Especially when doing tank maintenance telling them to scoot over and the like.
My father talks to my flowerhorn's named Fred and Martha every time he comes over. I talk to them quite a bit as well. But they have such personality's is hard not to! They live for the times that I'm in their tank doing something.... I have thought about getting them a small TV so that they have some amusement when I'm gone during the day......
katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.15(Mon)2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, but I talk to my dog. I had a discussion about this with my sister actually, who has a new baby, and she told me that people tell her to talk to her baby, but she finds one sided conversations difficult and weird. I told her I talk to my dog all the time.. and she thought I was nuts.
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.15(Mon)3:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I talk to them somtimes, only when doing maitnence though. I do talk to land animals, when you have 18 goats, and 7 sheep, 1 bird, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and a worm farm (hehe, never really noticed them either, they can go without maitnence for about a month, then you put some lettuce in the bin and water and close it up) you talk to them just because they all have names (I have never named my fish, worms or shrimp).

I'm a happy farmer.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.15(Mon)4:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talk to my fish... to my dogs... to my baby... sometimes I even have one-sided conversations with my husband. Wink I'm telling you... being a stay-at-home mom with nobody around who speaks ... you get quite good at talking to yourse-- er, I mean -- the pets. Smile Sometimes its actually strange to have a conversation with another person. I never expect them to actually answer...
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.15(Mon)15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!!!

yes...

ernie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.17(Wed)1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do...all the time lol. I tell them stuff that I just need to say out...althought not wanting anyone else to know about it.

And if you were curious, I even talk to my Marimo moss ball... ^_^
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.17(Wed)2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I did when I first got my RTBS and my zebra danios would always steal his food. I was mad at them. Laughing

29 G
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.17(Wed)3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

ernie wrote:
I do...all the time lol. I tell them stuff that I just need to say out...althought not wanting anyone else to know about it.

Haha... Well, at least you know the fish won't go spilling your secrets to anybody. Wink Dogs also work good for this, and sometimes they'll even give you a kiss to make you feel better when you're all done! I'd be a little weirded out if my fish jumped up to kiss me.
elenazaaba
Members

PostPosted: 2010.05.29(Sat)23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, when I'm feeding them "Come here! Come here!", "Eat this!", "It's over there! Can't you see it!?" Lol
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: