Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Paludarium!
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
bozistheboss
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.09(Tue)7:36    Post subject: Paludarium! Reply with quote

I used to run a 20g paludarium with firebelly newts. It remains to this day one of my favorite setups. I had rocks and driftwood emerging from the water (which was filled roughly halfway). I had pothos growing on the wood and its roots went down into the water and substrate. I also managed to wedge some airplane/spider plants into various cracks and crevices of the wood which grew quite well. I tended to throw plant cuttings from my 20g planted tank into this one to see what grew (this tank was unheated as the newts require temps between 65 and 72) so I had brazilian pennywort floating around and chain swords spreading along the substrate. The newts loved it and were always active, looking for food and unsuccessfully chasing mosquito fish. I used a terrarium filter for filtration, though I ran twice-a-week water changes due to how dirty newts can be. Luckily, this was pretty easy since I only had maybe 8-10 gallons total. Smile

I was just wondering if anyone's ever run a setup like this before and, if so, how did you design it and what did you keep in it?
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.09(Tue)7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, never have. Just wondering, why is this in the DIY section? Shouldn't it be in lounge?
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.09(Tue)9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly wasn't sure. I was mostly curious as to other people's setups and designs, so I plopped it in here to see how other people set theirs up from a 'not quite an aquarium but kinda' sort of project perspective. Razz
Kaitswyn
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.02(Wed)10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I realize this is old, but if you are still looking there is an article about this, under the Advanced Aquarium section
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: