Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Female Bettas
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Brad R
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.02.20(Sat)14:02    Post subject: Female Bettas Reply with quote

I have 2 female bettas in my tank, I was told they won't kill each other which they have not, they do have the odd 2 second battle once in a while, I am putting them in a bigger tank and would like to get one more, is that fine??? They are great with all the other fish though.
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.20(Sat)14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size tank are they in now? What size tank are you getting and what is you total stocking list without the new betta?
Brad R
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.02.20(Sat)14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 gal to 25 gal, other fish are 4 neons, 2 guppys, and one unknown (2"), 3 tiny bottom feeders just to clean the tank, plus the 2 bettas
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.20(Sat)15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmm. Well neons should be kept in schools of 6 or more. please describe the unknown fish. it might help if you look in the gallery tab to the left. Are the "tiny" bottom feeders Cory Catfish? Look for them in thegallery too.
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.20(Sat)15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your current tank is overstocked. When you move the fish, get atleast two more neons and you can add another betta. Guppies often bother bettas, but you say yours are fine, so don't worry about them.

29 G
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: