Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
need help on fish scratching but no white spots
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
patrick23
Members

PostPosted: 2010.02.13(Sat)20:59    Post subject: need help on fish scratching but no white spots Reply with quote

I have a tiger barb that is scratching in the heater and the rocks and its color is lite..I'm treating it with quick cure...2 days and still scratching...anybody know what is this??
Darkblade48
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.02.13(Sat)23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scratching may be early signs of Ich; it may be present even without visible white spots.

I would slowly increase the temperature of your water as well; others might be able to help you more. Usually 85-86F is a good temperature to keep the water at for the duration that you suspect Ich is present.

While doing this, be sure you have sufficient aeration of your tank, as higher temperatures means less oxygen is able to dissolve into the water.
patrick23
Members

PostPosted: 2010.02.13(Sat)23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have whisper 40 air pump...theres seems to be a discoloration the fish who is scratching and I'm puting quick cure but still scratching for 2 days
patrick23
Members

PostPosted: 2010.02.14(Sun)1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is not ick.....my fis is scratchig for a week now with no signs...only discoloration
patrick23
Members

PostPosted: 2010.02.19(Fri)12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone??
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.02.19(Fri)13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing - test for ammonia and nitrites as these can both cause gill irritation.

Have you added anything, changed anything or missed a water change recently?
patrick23
Members

PostPosted: 2010.02.19(Fri)13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

amonnia and nitrite 0 nitrate 20 and I put sme quick cure...they have faded colors and doesn't eat but he is not getting slim
Shai
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.20(Sat)18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use medication if you don't know what the problem is.

The readings aren't bad but doing extra water changes won't hurt. Extra clean water will ensure the fish aren't feeling any effects from nitrates and will help them "feel better" so they can hopefully fight off whatever it is on their own.

Can you be more specific about the discoloration? Are their colors just generally faded all over or are you seeing particular splotches where color is absent? If there are splotches of faded color, does the fish look white or yellow in those areas?

What is your full stock list?

How long has the tank been set up?

What is the size of the tank?
eric2008
Members

PostPosted: 2010.04.18(Sun)16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shai wrote:
Don't use medication if you don't know what the problem is.

The readings aren't bad but doing extra water changes won't hurt. Extra clean water will ensure the fish aren't feeling any effects from nitrates and will help them "feel better" so they can hopefully fight off whatever it is on their own.

Can you be more specific about the discoloration? Are their colors just generally faded all over or are you seeing particular splotches where color is absent? If there are splotches of faded color, does the fish look white or yellow in those areas?

What is your full stock list?

How long has the tank been set up?

What is the size of the tank?

Sounds suspiciously like flukes both skin flukes and gill flukes will make a fish glance up against items in the tank....the discoloration could be just stress from illness... if it is skin flukes when it gets advanced the scales will stick out a little.
edwarlock
Members

PostPosted: 2010.06.19(Sat)8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

the same is happening with my tiger barbs. On thursday I bought a few of them, one of them had a white spot on it's tail...the next day I started to see them scratching. I don't see white spots on any of the tigers, but they are all scratching.

2 or 3 of them are headstanding and have faded colors, the other tigers peck at them, and they inmediatly regain color and swim with the rest...

The temperature of my tank is 28-29 degrees, I am making water changes everyday, 20% and applied Parasan, a medicine that contents tetra methyl-para-amino-triphenyl-carbinol; formalin. That's what the label reds.

it is recommended for treating Oodinium, chilodonella, ich, monogenes nd external fungi.

Other fish in my aquarium are scratching, like my lemon tetras but no headstanding, and no faded colors. The black phantom tetras seem unaffected.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: