Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I'm sorry if I am being rude...
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.03(Wed)22:20    Post subject: I'm sorry if I am being rude... Reply with quote

I am very stressed right now

WARNING: If you do not want to hear my story do not read this!

I am currently failing Algebra I (I= one) and if I do not get at least a 72 in the class this semester I will have to go to summer school. I am also currently in the school play Beauty and the Beast. In the play with me is my girlfriend. Neither of us have large rolls. We are both townspeople. So... I can go with 2 things I love or I can go to algebra tutoring... I am also confused about my religion. I am Christian but belong to Church of Christ and have not been Baptised therefore I have not been SAVED. But I am going to my girlfriends church recently and I have technically been saved there for I have decided to devote my life to GOD. so I am saved but I can't BE saved... meaning if I were to die tonight and stood before GOD HIMSELF HE might have a hard time deciding where to send me...
katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.03(Wed)23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an adult who has failed high school classes... you can take them again. yeah, it sucks, but chances are you will do better the second time around, and will understand it better, as opposed to just scraping by. Forget the play. As for religion, I am opposed to it in the organized fashions available out there. One has to follow their own morals, not ones set out in front of them by others. Do what feels right.
corrado33
Members

PostPosted: 2010.02.04(Thu)11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off... are you REALLY saying that your education is on an equal importance level as a PLAY and your GIRLFRIEND? Think about it this way, you have to live with your education FOREVER. That play, and relationships in general are subject to change. If you screw up your education, you're.... to put it nicely, screwed. What kind of job do you plan on getting? Are you planning on going to college? Ask yourself these questions. Do you think a potential employer or college is going to be more impressed that you passed algebra, or that you were in Beauty and the Beast with your girlfriend? Also, when will you spend more time with your girlfriend, during this play, or during the summer? If you're in summer school, you don't get a chance to spend as much time with her. Do the right thing, go to tutoring.

This isn't a decision you should have to MAKE. It's one you should simply KNOW. You KNOW what is right, you just don't want to do it. You don't want to go to algebra tutoring, and you're hoping you can get someone to agree with you. You won't. Any adult will agree with me in saying that education is number one over extra curricular activities of any kind.

As for religion... you're on you own.

I know this was harsh, I'm sorry, but it had to be said.
UncleWillie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.02.04(Thu)11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I typically try to steer clear of subjects like this, but I am 100% with corrado33 on this one...

So, take corrado33's advice. Get the tudor - they will keep you from going to summer school (which means more time with your GF, and other funs things for that matter), and they will sit down with you and not only help you understand, but you will likely get all your homework done during this time as well (good grades!).

So, if I was YOUR UncleWillie, I'd say, "Suck it up. Get a tudor. Why would you accept going to summer school? Why want a summer full of school, when you could be doing so many other FUN things - and spending time with your GF. Don't start just accepting things - fight back! Tell everyone that they are wrong if they say you are gonna fail. Prove them wrong! Which is worse: spending an extra hour per day getting tudored (and getting homework done in the meantime), or spend an entire summer sitting in a classroom -being taught and lectured on the SAME things that you have already been lectured on??? I'd say the choice is simple. But it's one you need to make."
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.04(Thu)14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! Well today in study hall I wrote. I wrote my heart out! I wrote about how last night in church I was hit by a spiritual train! I wasnt even thinking, just writing! While writing I made the decision to do tutoring. I wrote, read, and said many times "Lord Jesus, please come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. Please forgive my sins, and give me the gift of eternal life." I then had a vision. Not a literal vision but like I was in the future. I started seeing everything like I was under a clear floor and I watched my life from below. I was in play rehersal and it was boring and not at all fun and we were being pushed to out limits. Then I saw further forward into time and I was still looking up. I saw me in summer school and... well, my life went downhill from there. Then I was looking down from up above. I saw me in tutoring and having a very hard time but it was all getting easier. And I was happy and passing algebra. I came back to reality and I decided then at that second to do tutoring. I think the main reason why I was considering the play was because the theater teacher is mean and doesn't often give second chances. But thanks for the advice everyone!
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.04(Thu)21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like in movies...

29 G
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.04(Thu)21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya. Its funny cause I always thought about how that stuff was fake.And I always feel like I'm being watched... creepy... LOL anyways I was just emailed back by the Theater teacher... He asked me what time tutoring ends on the days I have it (tuesdays and thursdays) and I told him at 3:00. Rehersal starts at 2:30 so there is a chance! I really think what all I wrote today helped. it also put me in a god mood. not what just happened but writing it!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.04(Thu)22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I GET TO DO BOTH!!!
elenazaaba
Members

PostPosted: 2010.05.30(Sun)0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow your life sucks, but mine too. I'm currently waiting for my last sem results. I don't know what I'll get for Anatomy and Biochemistry, I have a strong feeling that my last sem result won't be as good as the sem before it. Anyway, I'm not worried, as long as I don't fail, well I'm not worried. I'm just scared that I'll get gpa 3.00 or below. Gee, I'd die! And another this is, I'm not talking to anyone in my family, not talking to my mom, not talking to my sisters. Actually I'm mad at them. But seeing that I'm on holiday now, I have no choice but to live with them. I can't wait to go to Russia next month! I finally get to met my best friend Irene, who I haven't met in almost a year.

Gosh, life is depressing! And yeah, I have to go to the embassy alone tomorrow, to get my visa done, my mom was suppose to take me there, but seeing that she pissed me off 2 days ago, I decided not to talk to her ever! And I don't have to ask her to take me anywhere, as a matter of fact I think I don't need her! She's such a enabler to my extremely lazy and stupid sisters! AND by the way, I hate stupid and lazy people. Especially messy stupid and lazy people. Can't wait for the next sem to start. I miss my friends so much. Life was great when it was just me and them.
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.05.31(Mon)9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I passed my algebra class with a 70!!! That passes for teh year! just barely!!!
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: