Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My 46 Gallon Bowfront!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.30(Sat)17:36    Post subject: My 46 Gallon Bowfront! Reply with quote

Well I went and picked it up this morning!

Room lights on and tank lights off.

Room lights off and tank lights on.

This is only some of the sand that came with the tank. It is actually used to clean gunnite pools and it is man-made meaning it has no imperfections and every grain is perfectly spherical.

What do you think of the tank? I know there's not much yet but I plan on planting it fairly well. And no I did not make the sand look obscene in any way! I was just running my fingers through it...
Maestro
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.30(Sat)19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the tank! Very Happy I actually just picked a new tank as well today, so I know just how your feeling. It looks nice so far, looking forward to seeing its development.
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.30(Sat)22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Maestro! Will there be a journal for your new tank? and do you think that sand is okay? the grains are actually quite large.
silent_rock_faery
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.31(Sun)0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

59, I am so jealous. I wish I had room for more tanks. I have my 20g and my 1g betta tanks up. I have a 10g sitting in my cupboard, when I finish my my uni placement I will set up.

I can't wait to see how this turns out, I'm so jealous!!!
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.31(Sun)11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm excited too! Today I will be cleaning the tank as far as removing the existing sand and cleaning the glass goes. I may also work on the bottom of the stand because it has some slight water damage. (no wood rot but the laminate or the wood look on the stand is peeling back making it difficult to open the little door.) Once I finish that I will start to clean the sand and sift it out really good. BTW the tanks demensions are L=37in. with curved front, W=12in.,H=20 1/2.
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.31(Sun)14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Looks like it has a lot of potential. I'm interested in seeing what you come up with.

silent_rock_faery wrote:
I have my 20g and my 1g betta tanks up.

1g is too small for a betta. In fact, 1g is too small for almost any fish or invertebrae.

29 G
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.31(Sun)14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. and I thought the same thing. 1 gallon is too small...
Maestro
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.31(Sun)17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

59FIFTY wrote:
Thanks Maestro! Will there be a journal for your new tank? and do you think that sand is okay? the grains are actually quite large.

If you think the grains are large, then they should be fine. Sand has a tendency to compact which isn't good for planted tanks because it doesn't allow the roots to grow very freely. However, the larger the grain size, the lesser the chance of compacting.

The tank I bought was a 15 gallon as an upgrade for my 6 gallon. I set it up today and I am very pleased so far. However, it still needs a few more things that I can hopefully pick up tomorrow. Pictures will be up once I get the supplies to add the finishing touches, so probably within the next few days.
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.31(Sun)17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty. That all sounds good!
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.02.02(Tue)19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave the tank a good cleaning today! it looks 10 times better! here is what it looks like now!

A few things:
1.) The beads are not in the tank
2.) The marks are not dirt only where I wiped the tank down.
3.) Is the intake too high? I can saw off a small piece of the extension to make it half way if I need to.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to: