Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My 80Litre tank (21G) - aquarWorld MT50
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.23(Sat)0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent! I'm so glad you managed to come up with a solution. oh and I love your pirate. every tank needs a pirate in my opinion.
ibm450
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.23(Sat)0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers katienaha, the pirate theme was for my son, if I had it my way, the aqua-scape would be that of a rain forrest, mossy look with drift wood Laughing

at the same token, this is our first aquarium set-up with proper understanding to how the bio side of things work. its great and rewarding Wink

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.23(Sat)1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thanks for changing the post. it makes you seem nicer and more humane. cause I mean the way you had it before was like "If they die then they die, Who cares they are just fish, I can buy more" whether you meant it like that or not thats the way I saw it. ind way to modify the filter. FYI if you do decide to add sand the uder gravel filter could become a problem as it would just suck up the sand and blow it back out. if the UGF does not cover the whole bottom of the tank then you can make a gravel/sand barrier (search the forum). just make sure the sand is in a place where there is little flow so it does not get blown around in the tank. also you could add a bubble curtain that goes on the side of the tank because cories find much joy in these. lol they can just swim in the bubbles all day and it is a great show.
ibm450
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.23(Sat)1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

59FIFTY wrote:
... also you could add a bubble curtain that goes on the side of the tank because cories find much joy in these. lol they can just swim in the bubbles all day and it is a great show.

Never heard of bubble curtains? What is it? is there any pictures of it?

Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.23(Sat)1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubble curtain: http://www.dnd.ca/site/Commun/ml-fe/photo-eng.asp?id=89

Of course this is a very powerful one. It is simply a sandstone that you can attach to the back of your aquarium or bury in the substrate.
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.01.23(Sat)1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
chamber 1 I added Chemi-Zee granuals between 2 fine filter pads
chamber 2 I added extra bags of bio noodles and charcoal between fine filter pads
chamber 3 I added an upright fine filter pad just to catch extra particals that may pass through

The bio balls I just randomly throw in, wasnt sure where they should sit
For a secondary bio filtration, I added a under gravel filter, the stock standard bubble filter

Chemi-zee is what is keeping your fish alive for now but as soon as it gets depleted the tank is back to being uncycled and the fish will be larger so more bioload.
You will see signs of ammonia poisoning sometime. If you remove the ammonia neither filter will be able to establish bacteria.
The corys can't live with the UG filter so how about adverting them locally as free to good home, the same with the mollies and then take out the chemi-zee and gently cycle the tank with the bristlenose and once it has cycled get a few small fish to occupy the rest of the tank?
ibm450
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.23(Sat)1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so muchh for the info. will definate keep it in mind. I regret not getting a dual air output pump now Sad

but never the less, I can always TEE it of th line some where.

Just a thought, I have enough turbelance in the tank as it is, adding a bubble curtain wouldnt that add more to the turbelance Question

Last edited by ibm450 on 2010.01.23(Sat)5:11; edited 1 time in total
silent_rock_faery
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.23(Sat)2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the AquarWorld MT25D which is the same tank, but the 25L version of it. I was never able to cycle it properly and gave it to my boyfriend. he removed all the existing filtration and added a normal powerhead filter and its all working fine for him

Hope yours works out for you Smile
ibm450
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.23(Sat)5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

silent_rock_faery wrote:
I had the AquarWorld MT25D which is the same tank, but the 25L version of it. I was never able to cycle it properly and gave it to my boyfriend. he removed all the existing filtration and added a normal powerhead filter and its all working fine for him

Hope yours works out for you Smile

oh, cheers for the info! before I did any of the mods I did find that the cycling difficult. any chance of sending pics of the mods your partner made, ill be interested to note. by the way, the filteration system on your MT25D, was it anything like ours before I added the extra pads and what not?

59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.23(Sat)12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Caton I was thinking of the green air stones that suction-cup tho the side of the aquarium. I have never seen one like that. they sell bubble curtains at Wal-Mart, Petco, and any big pet stores really. well thats how it is where I live anyway. and as far as turbulance I don't think it matters. none of your fish will care.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: