Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Just watched Avatar 3D...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.02(Sat)13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked it, it's a lot like dances with wolves if you've ever seen that movie. I aswell wore my glasses below the 3-d and had no problems. Maybe if your vision isn't the same in both eyes as mine is pretty close that could be it?

I did have a small headache after coming home but it was a pretty awesome movie nonetheless, very immersive as it didn't feel like 2 plus hours.

ernie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.09(Sat)10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that was one of the best movies in 2009! Very Happy

Watched it in IMAX 3D with my girlfriend about 2 weeks ago and boy was it awesome! Pandora is simply so...pretty! Oddly enough I didn't get headaches afterwards. I'd kill to become one of the Na'vi people. Now we are even trying to talk to each other in Na'vi! Laughing Certainly not something to miss people, you'll love it Smile

Ernie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.01.10(Sun)9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit I really enjoyed it. I however like Marcos thought the story was a bit weak and predictable however saw it in 3D and spent most of the movie forcibly restraining myself from attempting to touch the incredibly beautiful animals of Pandora floating in front of me. I also enjoyed noticing all the creatures and plants that were obviously taken from the marine world.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.10(Sun)16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLACkra wrote:
I also enjoyed noticing all the creatures and plants that were obviously taken from the marine world.

Yeah I kept noticing that! Like the feather duster look-a-likes haha
arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.10(Sun)17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the christmas tree worms were pretty blatant as the source of inspiration for the ones in the movie.

katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.18(Mon)2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally saw it tonight! I would never be able to see it in 3D. I have weird vision in which my brain doesn't see one image as a whole - instead I see 2 seperate images, and with much fine tuning with surgeries and on-the-dot prescription, I can get through life without running into too many walls. BUT... I was very impressed with seeing it on good ol movie theatre screens Very Happy I agree.. those little "jellyfish" seeds were very marine. Loved the story and I heard they have been making this movie for around 15 years now?? I wouldn't doubt it. The details were down to every leaf, without there ever being the impression of "trees" as a whole... Very impressive. Kudos to all those invovled in the making of that one!
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.18(Mon)21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took 10 years to make the movie. Production began in 1999. The director said on TV that the reason it took so long was because when he began producing it, the technology just wasn't there to create what he wanted.

29 G
Gaza
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.19(Tue)4:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with the general opinion in that the story made little sense, but the visuals are amazing, I have seen it twice, once normally and once in 3D. Trust me, you need to see it in 3D, it makes it so much better.

~ Spoiler Alert ~

What I cannot believe is why people want to become Na'vi, I don't mean to be a troll but humans are so much better than Na'vi, the battles in the movie, although spectacular, made no real sense. And why did the humans have walkers and not tanks? didn't we learn anything from star wars? Also if the bomber was a space capable ship, why didn't they do a high altitude bombing? why did they fly through the flying mountains full of hostile wildlife. And why did they Na'vi charge through the jungle into the fire of human forces? why didn't they flank or lay and wait for them? it would have been smarter to attack the ground forces until they entered the disruption aurora caused by the rocks?

thanks for listening to my rant.

-Gary (Human supporter)

Last edited by Gaza on 2010.01.21(Thu)1:20; edited 1 time in total
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.19(Tue)11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler alert! Gee, thank's Gaza. Laughing guess I don't have to see it after all.
Laughing Laughing
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.20(Wed)2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see it again. maybe I'll use my contacts
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: