Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!
 
ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
A cool new stocking calculator with a difference!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 Forum Index > Ads and Links  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Author Message
number6
Moderators


Joined: 07 Feb 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! I tried a good many of my unconventional setups and they passed with good warnings!


I tried many setups that would not work and they failed!

I'm sure there are still defects to be found in there but I would point people towards that site in order to get good ideas to then come back to a forum to check out in detail.

Cool
_________________
"Just don't look in my fish room honey... it's just better for all of us. "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yhbae
Regulars


Joined: 03 Jul 2003

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

number6 wrote:
I like it! I tried a good many of my unconventional setups and they passed with good warnings!


I tried many setups that would not work and they failed!

I'm sure there are still defects to be found in there but I would point people towards that site in order to get good ideas to then come back to a forum to check out in detail.

Cool


Agreed 100%. Smile And I am still collecting feedbacks and still updating DB so hopefully the "quality" (not just quantity) will also improve gradually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
yhbae
Regulars


Joined: 03 Jul 2003

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's new for 2009 12 01 build:

- Added Lyretail Killifish.
- Added Celebes Rainbowfish.
- Added Rainbow Snakehead.
- Added Sawbwa Barb.
- Added Chuco/Southern Checkmark Cichlid.
- Added Swift/Hangel Rasbora.
- Added Golden Wonder/Striped Panchax Killifish.
- Added Black Cory.
- Added Golden Bristlenose Pleco.
- Added Bumblebee Catfish.
- Added Platinum Hatchet.
- Added Phuket Loach.
- Added Sajica Cichlid.
- Added Shark Catfish.
- Added Sixbar Distichodus.
- Added Celebes Halfbeak.
- Added Dwarf/Tail Spot Pygmy Cory.
- Added Tiger Loach.
- Added Sailfin Pleco.
- Added Red Bellied Pacu.
- Added Black Pacu.
- Added Blue Tilapia.
- Added Zebra Tilapia.
- Added Redeye Tilapia.
- Added Redfin Tilapia.
- Added Nile Tilapia.
- Updated "mouth size" for all plecos. They have been adjusted to smaller sizes so that they are no longer seen as threats to smaller species up to certain point.
- Updated "mouth size" for all cory catfishes. They have been adjusted to smaller sizes.
- Updated size of Dojo Loach from 10 inch to 8 inch.
- Slightly decreased the bioload of Dwarf Puffer.
- Bioload for Fahaka Puffer has been increased significantly as they have been identified as messy species.
- Bioload for Green Spotted Puffer has been further increased.
- Minimum number for cories have been adjusted down from 5 to 4.
- Updated "mouth size" for Angelfish to be a bit smaller. Most of the cories are no longer a threat.
- Filtration capacity for all filters have been re-evaluated and increased by 10%.
- Added Hagen Stringray series filters.
- Added JBL CristalProfi series filters.
- Added Eheim 2211 filter.
- New Feature: "Start Over" link has been added.
- New Article: "How does AqAdvisor.com work?" has been added.
- Total number of filters in DB has been increased to 140.
- Total number of species in DB has been increased to 422.
- Added a new logo, drawn by my little daughter! I'm proud of her and her work. Smile

To access this site, please click on AqAdvisor site.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
diademhill
Advisors


Joined: 18 Apr 2007

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you getting your info as some of this doesn't make sense.

I've owned a dojo loach over 11 inches SL - over 13" including tail.

!Updated "mouth size" for Angelfish to be a bit smaller. Most of the cories are no longer a threat."
Que?
I'll have a look at the site later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yhbae
Regulars


Joined: 03 Jul 2003

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

diademhill wrote:
Where are you getting your info as some of this doesn't make sense.

I've owned a dojo loach over 11 inches SL - over 13" including tail.

!Updated "mouth size" for Angelfish to be a bit smaller. Most of the cories are no longer a threat."
Que?
I'll have a look at the site later.


That is interesting. In case of Dojo, I am getting the info from another forum who has been keeping them for many years. Perhaps you did a better job than the other person. Very Happy

As for the second question - I have another attribute that allows me to specify a length of fish that a particular fish can eat. I'm still adjusting some species based on user feedback.

Please do play around with it and let me know if you find other inconsistencies - I'd like to address as many as possible.

I do at least 1 release per week and I have been doing this for the past 3 months or so.

Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
number6
Moderators


Joined: 07 Feb 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

found an issue with mouth size.. Frontosa!
You'll definately need to update that as it says Fronts can go in with other cichlids that I know for a fact will tear Fronts up or else become lunch one day.
_________________
"Just don't look in my fish room honey... it's just better for all of us. "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yhbae
Regulars


Joined: 03 Jul 2003

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

number6 wrote:
found an issue with mouth size.. Frontosa!
You'll definately need to update that as it says Fronts can go in with other cichlids that I know for a fact will tear Fronts up or else become lunch one day.


Could you give me some more details? Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
diademhill
Advisors


Joined: 18 Apr 2007

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put in Bala sharks, Filter shrimp . frontosa, arowana and oreochromis mosambbicus and get this warning -
Warning: Asian Arowana will become too large for your tank.
Warning: Asian Arowana is too big to CO2-exist with African Filter Shrimp.
Warning: Blue Tilapia is too aggressive to CO2-exist with African Filter Shrimp.
Warning: Asian Arowana is too big to CO2-exist with Blue Tilapia.

Nothing about the frontosa eating shrimp or shredding the sharks and possibly the arowana if the mosabicus didn't kill them first!

Each species needs to be cross matched with each and every other species with added warnings about comparable sizes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yhbae
Regulars


Joined: 03 Jul 2003

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

diademhill wrote:
I just put in Bala sharks, Filter shrimp . frontosa, arowana and oreochromis mosambbicus and get this warning -
Warning: Asian Arowana will become too large for your tank.
Warning: Asian Arowana is too big to CO2-exist with African Filter Shrimp.
Warning: Blue Tilapia is too aggressive to CO2-exist with African Filter Shrimp.
Warning: Asian Arowana is too big to CO2-exist with Blue Tilapia.

Nothing about the frontosa eating shrimp or shredding the sharks and possibly the arowana if the mosabicus didn't kill them first!


Got it thanks. Smile

Quote:

Each species needs to be cross matched with each and every other species with added warnings about comparable sizes.


That is pretty close to what I am doing right now... Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nikelodeon79
Regulars


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.A.

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, so far. Smile

I am assuming you will be continually adding new species to up the database? I couldn't find some of the species of fish I keep, namely Cynotilapia white top hara, Corydoras leucomelas, and Corydoras habrosus.

One gripe I do have is that when I put in 2 Albino Cories, I got a warning saying 4 is the recommended number. I believe (and have always heard) 6 being the recommended number for schooling/shoaling species.
_________________
Dumpster Tank
Nano Fish
Mbuna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
 Forum Index > Ads and Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:  
  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2008 phpBB Group

oF <=> oC in <=> cm G <=> L