Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
frog spawn
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jesshill71
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.11.08(Sun)21:26    Post subject: frog spawn Reply with quote

I have frog spawn in a 30 gl. tank and is doing awesome. I also have a frog spawn in a 125 gl. . The 125 is not doing nearly as well as the small tank. I don't know if it needs to be fed and if so, what do I feed it?
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.11.08(Sun)23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

With proper lighting it's not usually required for these LPS corals, but if you feel it's not thriving I would try feeding weekly with minced seafoods, mysis shrimp, krill, cyclopeeze etc., to see if you can stimulate the coral's natural growth and aggressiveness. Frogspawn corals are also going to get assistance from symbiotic zooxanthellae, so proper lighting is important.

Sometimes it takes just the right mix of environmental factors to make these corals respond; if it starts to decline you may need to experiment a bit with different locations and water flow if it's not doing well. Larger, deeper tanks can often require more lighting than small tanks. Make sure you give them a lot of room; they can have 6-8 inch stinging sweeper tentacles and they are very aggressive. Watch out for "brown jelly" infections. Your research will lead to success...
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: