Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
starting on my 120g
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Brandon14
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.11.08(Sun)21:19    Post subject: starting on my 120g Reply with quote

I'm starting to get going on setting up my new 120g (4'x2'x2')
heres what I've got done so far.(sorry about the crooked/blurry pics I'm using my laptops webcam to take pics till I find my camera Rolling Eyes )

the tank

I decided to make a gravel/sand divider using silicon and a 10ft pack 2 1/2" tall "garage door weather proofer (((((((EDIT: DO NOT USE, STARTS TO DECOMPOSE AFTER 2 MONTHS))))))))

here is the pine stand (this was my first time staining anything and I'm sitting in the garage right now trying to take the stain I got all over everything off Embarassed )

I finished staining the stand today and I will be finishing up with a coat of polyerithane tommorrow( hopefully by wed. I will have the tank on the stand and be able to start getting my hardscape into the tank!)

thanks for looking, il be updating as I go.

Last edited by Brandon14 on 2010.01.18(Mon)18:32; edited 1 time in total
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.11.09(Mon)10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh I'm jealous! I've been looking for a 120g high. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Brandon14
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.11.09(Mon)16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the depth of the 4'x2' footprint, gives me a lot of room to establis a foreground, midground, and background.

p.s. thanks for the tip on the weather proofer stuff! (it got me looking for it at homedepot and I found the rubber stuff for garages) idk if its what you used but so far this has stayed up and will hopefully be a good divider.
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.11.09(Mon)20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin' good man Smile

I swear that doesn't look like a 120g but I'm sure it does in person! Smile

29 G
UncleWillie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.11.10(Tue)10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh - the possibilities!
Great job with the stand. Also, nice thinking with the gravel/sand barrier. Looks like it will work nicely.
Brandon14
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.11.10(Tue)16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments
I took out the cardboard/rock and a piece of driftwood I had holding up the barriers until the silicon dried and everythings holding up fine, all thats left is to finish up with the polyeurithane on the stand and I can get going with the gravel and sand tommorrow!
Brandon14
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.11.13(Fri)19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got the stand finished and now the tank and stand are ready to go, hardscape tommorrow and I will be ordering plants from aquabid(plant selection around here sucks Sad ) and hopefully planting by monday or tuesday if everything works out!
sorry another blurry pic, but this is the last blurry picture because I found my camera!!(it got lost in xmas ornaments during the move Confused )
Brandon14
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.11.15(Sun)23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got almost all of the hardscape in today! Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. I'm still not sure where to put my driftwood( I will need it for the plecos I'm just not sure how to fit it in with everything else) so I've taken pictures of a few different ways to set up the Driftwood and labeled (1-3) the diffrent ways I was thinking about adding them, if you guys could let me know which pictures you like better it would be appreciated

tank shot, #1

thanks for looking, Brandon
UncleWillie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.11.16(Mon)7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessir! Looks great so far! Yeah, postitioning dirftwood has always been a challenge for me. I like where I put it for a few months then end up re-arranging the tank months later. Anyhow, I think it looks great how you have it in the last picture. But once you get plants in there you can visualized how they will fill in, and you can adjust them accordingly. Looking good!
Pavlos
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.11.16(Mon)10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the last pic too... Smile nice setup
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to: