Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
a few of my exodons.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
oddball808
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.27(Wed)0:15    Post subject: a few of my exodons. Reply with quote

just a quick peek into one of my exodon tanks.

ernie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.27(Wed)6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow how many fish are in there exactly?
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.27(Wed)10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Idk. I gave up on counting them a while ago. And this isn't even half of them.
beowulf
Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.27(Wed)15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few eh!!! Laughing I would not mind some of these have researched them but not easy to find around here.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.01.27(Wed)15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bred quite a few of these as they make a stunning display in planted tanks and because you can warn people they are like pirhanas it stops people adding more fish:wink: ( very useful in tanks you only see a couple of times a month.)
Have you got a display tank set up or just the grow out tanks?
oddball808
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.27(Wed)16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

beowulf wrote:
A few eh!!! Laughing I would not mind some of these have researched them but not easy to find around here.

A few indeed. Lol. This is a little less than half of my exodons. Most of them are in a covered pond out back. But I have this tank in my livingroom to enjoy.
Don't feell bad, its not just you. They're hard to find everywhere. Most people have never even heard of them. Lol. That's why, you need to have a cycled tank and a stack of money waiting. That way when you do find them someplace, you can buy them all. Lol.
It can get expensive at around $8/each. But its worth every penny.
oddball808
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.27(Wed)16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

diademhill wrote:
I bred quite a few of these as they make a stunning display in planted tanks and because you can warn people they are like pirhanas it stops people adding more fish:wink: ( very useful in tanks you only see a couple of times a month.)
Have you got a display tank set up or just the grow out tanks?

You have bred them? Lol.
I would love to see pics of your breeding pairs and fry.

This is one of 2 "display tanks". It is not a grow out. Don't let the bare bottom fool you. I jusst prefer bare bottom tanks. It used to have a few large pieces of driftwood, but after revamping my filtration set up with the new overflow design, I removed them to maximize mechanical filtration of the wet/dry filter.
The other tank is planted. I will try to get pics up when I get home (posting from py phone @ work now).
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.01.27(Wed)16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going back a while but chucking a dozen fish in a fish house pond -8'x2'x2.5' with weir combs - usually meant netting out a hundred or so a few months later.

They are not difficult to get spawning but are avid egg and fry eaters - hornwort is good to give the fry a chance.

The tank would look much better with fewer fish so you could see them schooling.
oddball808
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.27(Wed)16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

diademhill wrote:
It's going back a while but chucking a dozen fish in a fish house pond -8'x2'x2.5' with weir combs - usually meant netting out a hundred or so a few months later.

They are not difficult to get spawning but are avid egg and fry eaters - hornwort is good to give the fry a chance.

The tank would look much better with fewer fish so you could see them schooling.

So I assume that means you don't have any pictures?
Too bad. Would have been interesting to see. Wink

They "shoal" just fine in both ranks and their pond. But thanks for the suggestion. Lol.
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.27(Wed)16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to find it's profile in the gallery. What family is it a part of of? They look so cool!
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: