Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Amazing oscar story!
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.12.08(Tue)20:19    Post subject: Amazing oscar story! Reply with quote

In a town near marion arkansas (I think) there was a giant oscar found in a lake that was being drained for safety reasons. the oscar was over 3 feet long. someone either released it or fulshed it and it wound up in the lake. Also I have a question realting to the story. is it really possible for a person on the other side of the world flush something down the toilet, it live, and end up near you like in the movie ALLIGATOR and for it to grow I think the movie said 50ft maybe? anyways great movie and I want to hear your stories?
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.12.08(Tue)20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, that's great!!!! I guess it's possible if the animal can survive in saltwater.

Here's my story: one time I flushed several neon tetras down the toilet, and the very next day, yes, the VERY NEXT DAY, I saw some neons at my lfs, although they had none the week before. Coincidence???? I think not!!!!... Unbelievable. Smile

29 G
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.12.08(Tue)20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha thats great! lets hope thats not your lfs's main source of fish lol. and the movie is not called alligator, it is something else if anyone knows the name please tell me! thanks!
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.12.08(Tue)20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

59FIFTY wrote:
haha thats great! lets hope thats not your lfs's main source of fish lol. and the movie is not called alligator, it is something else if anyone knows the name please tell me! thanks!

I just googled it and there is a movie called Alligator, in which Ramon the alligator is flushed and ends up a man-eater.

29 G
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.12.08(Tue)20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya I found that but in that movie the alligator ends breaking out of the sewer and terrorizing the city like in king kong. but I just found out the name via facebook. LAKE PLASTIC. Great movie, you should see it for sure.
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.12.08(Tue)21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKK scratch that. it is LAKE PLACID and yes Regis that is my final answer lol
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.12.08(Tue)21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

59FIFTY wrote:
AKK scratch that. it is LAKE PLACID and yes Regis that is my final answer lol

That's actually the first movie that came to my mind when you asked for the name of the movie you saw. Eh, I'm not a fan of croc movies, but I've seen that before.

29 G
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.12.08(Tue)23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha okay I just though I would talk about the whoe "flushing and liveng thing" after I saw the vidoe of the fish that was trained to drink pepsi on this forum.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: