Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Amusing fish commercial, (please do not try this at home)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.08.12(Wed)3:19    Post subject: Amusing fish commercial, (please do not try this at home) Reply with quote

Wtach this short clip and you will be laughing with tears of joy and as well with tears of sad moments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHkQfbfrdQ8&feature=PlayList&p=8CCA12DC71AACB48&index=9

This video is FUNNY, thats the kind of tricks I want my africans to do Very Happy

Last edited by Ciklido on 2009.08.13(Thu)15:36; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.08.12(Wed)4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's more like one step forward and two steps backward, from the responsible fishkeeping perspective. I agree it's amusing and well done, but unfortunately it helps imprint, validate, spread and perpetuate two of the worst concepts that ignorant people have regarding the hobby:

"Goldfish in a bowl is OK" and "Flushing fish is OK" Confused

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.08.13(Thu)15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea your defenitely right about the non-responsible fish keeping message but it is quite amusing, luckily that video seems very old so it must not be in tv adds currently. And flushing fish? Kind of curious on that one what would be the alternative to getting rid of a deceased fish? I buried mine in my backyard. In the movie Finding Nemo they flush Nemo as well, and to make it seem perfect Nemo somehow survives being flushed and ends up in the ocean, I know water ends up back in the ocean but anything alive does not make it.

Basically though those movies are for kids and hopefully a responsible adult will be more educated and will get informed before buying fish for their kids. Although again many people jut don't care... Confused
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.08.13(Thu)16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciklido wrote:
And flushing fish? Kind of curious on that one what would be the alternative to getting rid of a deceased fish?

No problem at all in flushing dead fish (AFAIK) but the video reinforces the outrageous idea that flushing live fish somehow "sends them to a better place", which we KNOW couldn't be further from the truth Confused

Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.08.14(Fri)10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was cute in an odd way. Thanks for sharing.
Ridge95
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.08.15(Sat)23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry marcos but I have disagree with on this one. The dad was under the impression the fish was dead, I don't think People are going to start randomly flushing fish down the toilet in hopes the fish will be in a happier place. I don't think the fish jumping out of the lake was a sign he was more happy, he just wanted some pepsi Laughing .
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.08.16(Sun)5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed my point. Regardless of what the Dad thought, what actually "happened" in the video was that the fish got flushed and ended up alive in a lake.

That is NOT what happens when a fish gets flushed! It'll typically end up in a sewage treatment station and die a slow, horrible, toxic death...

Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.08.16(Sun)15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it would hit a grinder pump within a few blocks...... Quick death. Sorry but I do know these things.
BarebackDreamer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.08.16(Sun)16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most cities also have chlorine in their water, which burns their gills. I'll never forget when I forgot to dechlorinate water for one of my bettas. I got him into dechlorinated water fast, but he wasn't the same fish after. It hurts them. A few blocks is a long way to be stuck in water with chlorine, urine, and all that other lovely stuff. Definitely not a pleasant and painless quick death.
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.08.16(Sun)20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say painless. But it would be over swiftly. Sewage travels quite fast.
I have always put my casualty's in the freezer for a day and flush or bury them later..... Just in case
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: