Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Too quiet or is it me?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.05(Sun)19:58    Post subject: Too quiet or is it me? Reply with quote

It's funny, when I was here some years ago the site was active daily with lots of posts and participation but I guess that has died down, I don't know maybe its just not the season, I think we need more people because its too quiet......unfortunately. Maybe Il encourage specific people from other forums to visit cause I really enjoy this one, when its full
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.06(Mon)9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum (and others for that matter) has always had "down times" where posting frequency goes down. Generally, the forum is more active during the winter months (when less is going on in the "real world").
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.07.06(Mon)15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, for the past 10 years it's worked like a clock...June/July are always the quietest months of the year and January/February are the busiest. But Ciklido is right in the sense that the present period has been particularly quiet, partly (I believe) because of the general crisis and partly because a lot of the regular members aren't as active as past years (in my case I moved to new country and right now don't have any tanks to talk about Sad ) so most of the present traffic is being generated by the "passers-by" who register, get whatever help they're in need of and move on...

What I'd suggest to all the regulars who've got tanks running is to keep the Photo Album as active as possible...post updates of your tanks/fish whenever possible, and that tends to spark a lot more general activity from both other regulars and newcomers...the Photo Album works kind of like a "portfolio" for the community's philosophy, talent, dedication, etc...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.06(Mon)15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos Avila wrote:
What I'd suggest to all the regulars who've got tanks running is to keep the Photo Album as active as possible...post updates of your tanks/fish whenever possible, and that tends to spark a lot more general activity from both other regulars and newcomers...the Photo Album works kind of like a "portfolio" for the community's philosophy, talent, dedication, etc...

*hangs head in shame* Embarassed

I've been pretty quiet the past few months... occasionally I find time to log in and answer some questions. I'll do my best to get some recent pics up of my tanks and inhabitants... I'm way past due for an update (many of the tanks linked in my siggie are no longer running!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.06(Mon)16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent at least 5 people to this site sense I've joined. Yall are such a great wealth of knowledge Very Happy I will try to put up pictures of my tanks soon. What sites do you guys use for your picture posting?
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.06(Mon)17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photobucket, I used it 3 years ago and then I checked in this year and evrything is still intact, incredible.

and Marcos,

I would love to live in brazil lol, how does a physicist get to travel like that? lol.....In brazil I guess it would be easy to get fish since the amazon and there must be lots of local non professional lfs that gets wild caught specimens, saludos

and thanks for the info, I was just worried it was like this throught out the year, thank god, but then again it seems that right now everyone that is active has wealth of experince and knowledge which is more comforting and less frustrating for the mods ha
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.07(Tue)8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted my tank pictures .... Though I need to improve my photography skills a lot Embarassed. But I hope it helps Very Happy
Jacko
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2009.07.07(Tue)18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobby forums seem to be slower than normal lately, I think marcos is right about the global crisis being part of the reason, not as many people getting into the hobby and people working longer hours that they don't have as much time to spend on a website.

I'm guilty of being absent a lot lately, I try to get on but sometimes it just gets difficult, between school and over-controlling parents... Rolling Eyes
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.07(Tue)22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this!
I really haven't been active on here at all this year, I think mainly due to huge increase in work load Laughing
Althought I guess I should be, seeing as it is Winter over here.
Another thing, seeing as I haven't been on here much, is the quality of the posts still as high as it always has been? (cause we all know that quality is just as, if not more, important than quantity Wink )
I think I will bump the thread about my 30gal up from the bottom with an update, you will be surprised at how much it has changed I think!
Laughing
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.07(Tue)22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the quality is the highest I have ever seen around. I know before I came here to just give some common advice but now I see its much more informative when you also ask for dvice given that there are so many experts here.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: