Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I made a boo boo
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Banker Boy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.06.26(Fri)9:46    Post subject: I made a boo boo Reply with quote

Just thought I'd share a mistake I made. I was having really bad green water in my 150g little pond. I am planning to expand it but for this story, I had a 3 year old oranda and about 5 2 inch comets. Pump is 500gph with a water fall.

I tried weekly water changes, barley "sacks", and nothing worked to clear up the water even a little.

I tried some algaecide that clearly stated safe for plants and fish...used the recommended dose...the next day all the fish were dead. I knew better. But frustration got the best of me. And then I read that green water is actually good for goldfish/koi. Go figure. Lesson is, don't try to solve a "problem" with chemicals if at all possible. Be happy your fish are doing well and leave it at that.
tonergirl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.06.27(Sat)10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad So sorry about your fish Crying or Very sad It's so darn frustrating, when you're trying to do something good and it turns out so badly!!
Fish4fun
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.06.29(Mon)10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

For future reference, a UV sterilizer will work wonders on green water. Sorry about your loss.

Is it just a pump, or does it have a built in filter?
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: