Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Nevermind LARGE Java moss
 Forum Index > Ads and Links  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Miss Priss
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.06.16(Tue)14:04    Post subject: Nevermind LARGE Java moss Reply with quote

I sold it on Craigslist

Last edited by Miss Priss on 2009.06.17(Wed)14:57; edited 1 time in total
nes999
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.06.16(Tue)17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

shipping you should always be honest or people won't come again. I do a lot of ebay sales. or offer free shipping people will charge from 10-15 dollars for a sandwitch baggie
Miss Priss
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.06.16(Tue)19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an honest person so I don't really appreciate that you would assume I'd be anything other than that.
Jacko
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2009.06.18(Thu)11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what you are getting at nes, seems like you are insinuating that Miss Priss is dishonest, but she's been here as long as I have and I have no doubts in her capability... Smile
10-15 a sandwich bag isn't unreasonable nes, if your LFS sells it for 5 bucks a handful and you can fit 3 to 4 handfuls in a sandwich bag... it's a good price. Wink

Anyway, I'm glad you sold it locally, I think that's probably the best way to sell IMO, no hassle with shipping and packaging and you can meet new hobbyists in your area, share knowledge on local LFS and that sort of thing...
I'd have loved to have bought it... but I can't keep the darn stuff alive Laughing
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.06.18(Thu)12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you sold it for 10 to 15$ for a baggie full, you sold it cheap. I sell mine at 5$ for a little larger than golf ball size piece and I can get several into a baggie.
Miss Priss
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.06.18(Thu)21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jacko! I knew someone here could figure out that I've been around long enough that I wasn't out to rip anyone off!!

Yeah, I just went ahead and put it on Craigslist. I got it from a friend who recently passed away (well, her husband had me take it). I sold both "clumps" for $35 (for both together) and then while the lady was here I noticed another large baggie I had gotten from my friend BEFORE she died (I totally don't remember her giving it to me but that HAD to be where it came from) sitting on the bottom shelf of my plant stand so I asked the lady if she wanted that too. She said how much, I said $10, and she said 'of course' and that was a done deal. From looking at Aquabid and from what you are telling me she got a GREAT deal! No wonder she didn't mind driving 45 minutes each way just for moss Laughing !

Anyway, I would have just sent it out to people just to share but I am trying to raise money to pay for a foster puppy's surgery. She's a tiny little Shih Tzu with a cleft lip. I've got $145 right now, raised just for that purpose. That should be close to covering it, I'd think. Another rescuer had that done for a boxer puppy about a year ago and the vet only charged $200 for the gums and lips and also a spay and exploratory surgery to see if anything else was deformed. I hope he's as "generous" with this pup. She's SOOOOOOOOO tiny it's going to be a trick to sew her up!
nes999
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.06.18(Thu)22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasnt saying your dishonest. I'm very sorry if it came out that way. what I mean is a lot of people will charge 5 dollars for a baggie full just to find out that you (I'm useing you in a general sense) must pay 15 dollars to ship it snail mail. Again I'm sorry.
Miss Priss
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.06.19(Fri)11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I get it. Yeah, some people are such sneaks with the postage thing. You THINK you are getting a deal but you are actually getting ripped off! I've gotten really good at spotting those people when I'm on eBay and they never get my business.
 Forum Index > Ads and Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: