Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
this topic needs a sticky
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
dougroch
Members

PostPosted: 2009.05.16(Sat)7:45    Post subject: this topic needs a sticky Reply with quote

OK. a lot of folks search the internet to solve a problem or to answer a question. If such folks are searching the internet to solve a problem or question in regards to their aquarium it is quite likely it is due to abnormal fish behavior.

I think a sticky should be made of a topic regarding what behavior warrants euthanizing a fish and what the most effective means of doing so are (not much room for experimentation or hypothesis should be allowed), plain and simple what the best way to end the suffering of a fish and what steps someone should follow in determining if a fish can recover from a ailment or not.
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.05.22(Fri)11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and if it is not possible, then at least a small article in the Artciles section will do great; I just skimmed over the articles and there is not one article about euthanasia or a similar topic and I think it is very important.
Dawn
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2009.05.22(Fri)17:58    Post subject: Re: this topic needs a sticky Reply with quote

dougroch wrote:
OK. a lot of folks search the internet to solve a problem or to answer a question. If such folks are searching the internet to solve a problem or question in regards to their aquarium it is quite likely it is due to abnormal fish behavior.

I think a sticky should be made of a topic regarding what behavior warrants euthanizing a fish and what the most effective means of doing so are (not much room for experimentation or hypothesis should be allowed), plain and simple what the best way to end the suffering of a fish and what steps someone should follow in determining if a fish can recover from a ailment or not.

Sure people search for answers about questions/problems. I don't see how an article could be written that takes the reader step by step on their opinion of what qualifies as their reasons for euthanizing fish. This is always a hot topic and many people have different opinions and beliefs on this subject. To me, it's a very personal subject, that doesn't have an easy answer. Circumstances, age of the fish, illness and many other things must be considered, as we're not all the same, and the degree of illness plays a big roll.

FWIW, we do have many older threads on this subject and they can be found by doing a search of the forums. And you can clearly see that opinions very greatly.
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.13(Mon)9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a list of usually fatal symptoms?
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: