Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
advice on lighting
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Lingtime
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.05.06(Wed)17:54    Post subject: advice on lighting Reply with quote

on my 140 gl I have 2 36" compacts in the front and I recently purchased an Odyssea 36" for the back. My question is the new hood has 1actinic blue ,1 12000 day light and 3 blue led's on this 1. I have never had an option so my question is which lights should I use? how often? When should I use them? Should I have them on together? Thanks. other than 1 anenome its a fish only tank.
Lingtime
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.05.06(Wed)22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK now I have a new question how do I turn the fans on on this light? I damn near burnt my forearm turning the lights off.
MarkLehr
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.05.09(Sat)6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Odyssea lights are a very inexpensive lighting option, but they almost always arrive with fans that do not work. I run the Odyssea on my 58 reef, and my 38 reef before that. The lighting has worked very well, but you will be tinkering with the fans forever.

I have had this discussion with no less than 20 other people in the last year. It is just a fact about these low budget lighting fixtures.
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: