Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Help me decide what I can get now please
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Lingtime
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.05.04(Mon)19:00    Post subject: Help me decide what I can get now please Reply with quote

I know for the most part what I can't have that I like. I like Lionfish, Puffers, and anything fast and cool. My local fish store rep told me to ask this lobby about mixing a valentini puffer into my SW tank. Also he mentioned possibly a flame angelfish. I did see the flame and was interested, but seemed pricy to be such an ordinary fish.The family wants colorful fish like "Nemo" and such, as where I would prefer a lionfish/ eel deal, or some soft corals. Just need some ideas of maybe somewhere in the middle. Thanks.

1 140 gl SW- 1 haitian anenome, 1 foxface rabbitfish, 1 bi-color pseudo, 1 green mandarin, 1 true percula clown, clean crew of snails and crabs

1 55gl FW- 3 Pirahnas

1 55gl FW- (future cichlids tank)

1 30gl Empty - need protein skimmer/ filter

1 10gl FW- 1 pleco, 1 tetra, 1 danio
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.05.05(Tue)8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure we can come up with several ideas. If you want fast colorful fish, look to the Yellow Tang and the Hippo Tang, I have kept these together for years, they are both usually hardy providing you have good water quality and plenty of space. The Flame Angel is another fast mover, but like the tangs they do require higher water quality.

Whatever you choose, my main concern would be a month of quarantine before adding any new fish to your display
Lingtime
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.05.05(Tue)9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

ty.

my 140 was moved from my brother-in-laws house, which is 6 houses from mine. Using a few large containers and a pump we were able to save a good amount of the water. The sand base wasnt changed. He has had this setup running for over 6 years that I know of.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: