Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
where to get hygro.polysperma?
 Forum Index > Ads and Links  Reply to topic   Post new topic
supamii
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.04.30(Thu)17:59    Post subject: where to get hygro.polysperma? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm looking to get a batch of hygros. I've grown them in the past and I can't seem to get my hands on them.

Can someone refer me to a site or I will even gladly do a trade of some sort online.

Thanks.
MackEmmons
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.05.01(Fri)20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

The likely reason for you not being able to find it easy is, simply, because it is invasive. Because of this reason it has been placed on a number of state ban lists across the U.S. including California (actually, I think the reason for the ban can be traced back to it being introduced into a lake in California.)

I would check your state ban list to double check, and if it is, start hunting for an alternative.
keeno
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.05.02(Sat)15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hygrophila polysperma is, as said before, invasive and illegal in the entire United States, I believe. The fine for possessing this plant is really quite high and I think you might be better off with another plant.
 Forum Index > Ads and Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: