Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
longer lasting lower output diy co2?
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Liakern
Members

PostPosted: 2009.04.05(Sun)13:15    Post subject: longer lasting lower output diy co2? Reply with quote

good idea to build a diy co2 with a 3litter bottle? use extra baking soda to slow the yeast abit more as I won't need a lot of co2 do to my minimal lighting?about 1.86wpg
Darkblade48
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.04.05(Sun)16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Building a larger DIY CO2 system means that it will last longer, as there is more volume in the system before too much alcohol/acidity kills the yeast off.

The addition of baking soda won't slow down the growth of yeast per se, but will help slow down the death of the yeast due to acidic conditions.

If this is the same tank 29g tank, as I mentioned in your other post, a pressurized CO2 setup would be recommended over a DIY CO2 setup.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: