Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
The Gymnogeophagus Study Group
 Forum Index > Ads and Links  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MackEmmons
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.04.03(Fri)21:37    Post subject: The Gymnogeophagus Study Group Reply with quote

I started the Gymnogeophagus Study Group a few weeks back in an attempt to bring together as much of the available information out there as one possibly could. I found that, while I was researching the genus, very little info was found, and the info that was found was scattered about the internet. This made research somewhat tedious and time consuming, and in many cases unsuccessful.

Here is the website: http://gymnogeophagus.com/

As you can see, there is very little there as it is. So I encourage anyone who as any useful information to please let me know.

Goals: I have a few goals, and potential ideas that I would like to accomplish with/through the GSG. The main one being to bring together all the information available on the genus, with elaborate profiles on both described and recognized undescribed species (I.e. Gg. sp. San Borja). Establish a collection of articles on the care of species and other aspects. Establish a collection of published scientific articles. Establish a library of species and habitat photos. To raise money, to be used in furthering any and all research on this genus. Although I don't know the practicality of this, but to establish a library of holotypes and paratypes of undescribed and described species to also further in research on this genus.

Through advertising, the GSG has already raised $0.86 USD in the short while it has been going. Its not much, but its a great start.

I encourage you make a comment, suggestion, or otherwise.

P.S. If you have any information/photos/etc. that you would like to share with the GSG. Please contact me by pm or email me at mack@gymnogeophagus.com

Thanks for looking.
Fishlova
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.04.06(Mon)19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an excellent idea! Well done and good luck with the research Smile

http://au.youtube.com/Fishlova82
MackEmmons
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.04.18(Sat)23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

As a small update:
Information has been added to various profiles here and there, as well as species photos. You can also find some species and habitat photos under the new photos section. We have added a links/sponsors section, and a few other areas.

The GSG now has shirts available for order. All proceeds will go towards Gymnogeophagus research.
MackEmmons
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.01.12(Wed)0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long overdue udpate.

We are now on facebook, find our page and hit the 'like' button!

In the next few weeks we will be sending out our first newsletter. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, send me a request at Mack@gymnogeophagus.com
 Forum Index > Ads and Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: