Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Pale Pleco
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
gouramigirl
Members

PostPosted: 2009.03.23(Mon)9:47    Post subject: Pale Pleco Reply with quote

I have what the pet store called a gibbicus hi-fin, but it looks like a pleco of some sort that I can't find anywhere. I recently had my 75g leak, so I had to move them all to a 10g for a few days while we resealed it. I moved them all back and now my hi-fin is all pale, and his rings are diminishing. he seems fine in every other aspect, he's eating and swimming fine. does anyone know what is wrong??
Darkblade48
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.03.23(Mon)11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you resealed your 75g, what did you do with the filter that was servicing the 75g?

If you did not maintain your filter, it is possible that the beneficial colony of bacteria died, meaning your tank is essentially non-cycled right now. Alternatively to explain the paleness of your fish is from stress due to the move.

If you get a picture of your fish, perhaps we can help you identify it.
gouramigirl
Members

PostPosted: 2009.03.23(Mon)13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept running the filter in the 10g because the fishies were in there for 4 days and I didn't have an available smaller filter. I kept half of the water from the tank before I emptied it and didn't wash everything so that I preserved the beneficial bacteria. I thought it was stress, just needed to be sure. I added some stress coat for him earlier.
I don't exactly know how to add a picture...
Darkblade48
Advisors

PostPosted: 2009.03.23(Mon)16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you kept your 75g filter going on the 10g, it probably eliminates a cycle, but best to check the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels as well as anything else (such as pH) to rule it out.

To add a picture, you can use an outside website such as Imageshack. Once the image is uploaded, you can copy the URL that is provided to you (there are several: one is a direct URL, one is for forums (it will be a smaller thumbnail, that when clicked, brings you to the original image). It is the latter that you want).
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: